• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

NorthernTech

I thought DB wanted enhanced test results ?

i have passed all tests to enhanced including the mmi it's just due to some of them being over 2 years ago i thought i might need to retake but have been invited straight for dmi so i assume that means they're happy with my test dates.

Thanks for the info.
No, DB are standard and they do the DMI after psychometric testing so you must have definitely had your previous passes accepted, which must be a great relief! I had all tests except the MMI passed 12 months ago, but because it wasn’t a full suite of passes I had to redo the lot! Thankfully I passed. Best of luck moving forward.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SVDW995

Confirmation from DB that:

1. If you have any outstanding assessments that are over 6 months old, you have to resit the lot; and

2. if you have a full pass (not sure how long ago you could have taken them) then they’ll accept it and won’t make you resit.

I’ve declined an assessment day as at this stage, it’s too big a risk for me to take the assessment as it’s my last chance when I have two ongoing situations with potential operators who would only ask me to resit the one I failed.

Good luck to everyone going forward.

Last edited:

Traindriver40

1. If you have any outstanding assessments that are over 6 months old, you have to resit the lot; and

2. if you have a full pass (not sure how long ago you could have taken them) then they’ll accept it and won’t make you resit.

I’ve declined an assessment day as at this stage, it’s too big a risk for me to take the assessment as it’s my last chance when I have two ongoing situations with potential operators who would only ask me to resit the one I failed.

i understand your reason for declining, however from someone that has all the passes i can tell you how difficult even with them it is to get a trainee driver job. i would never turn down an opportunity to be a train driver out of fear of failing the tests you already passed.

It's so tough in this industry to get a job you have to really go for every chance given.

NorthernTech

Arghhhh…such a tough decision pal. Had I possibly been in the same position as yourself with a few applications sifted I think I’d have probably done the same if I’m honest, it was touch and go for sure. Obviously after passing I was glad I had done it, but if it makes you feel any better nothing has happened since passing.

SVDW995

i understand your reason for declining, however from someone that has all the passes i can tell you how difficult even with them it is to get a trainee driver job. i would never turn down an opportunity to be a train driver out of fear of failing the tests you already passed.

It's so tough in this industry to get a job you have to really go for every chance given.
Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it. If I didn’t possibly have two other assessment opportunities coming up (fingers tightly crossed), I would have definitely done it. I am just worried that:

1. I could fail; or

2. Pass again but to standard (and there are 3 other operators around me that only accept enhanced).

This role was for a talent pool and not actively looking for a driver as well, which also made me consider @NorthernTech ’s point - who holds a full pass by re-doing all the tests and is still waiting.

I’ve even considered doing the assessment privately as DB will accept that and I will only have to re-do my fail (and MMI).

I am fortunate to be in a position where I can wait for further recruitment drives if I don’t get anywhere this time and my application is getting through sifts so I weighed up the risk and decided it was too big to take. Just hoping to hear from the other two operators so will see what the future holds.

Traindriver40

am i correct in thinking everyone that enters the talent pool will take a medical on entry or soon after. This was explained to me at DMI unless i heard wrong.

Also how long did it take before you heard back after your dmi?

Last edited by a moderator:

Loco94

Well I went Friday the 19th and the doctor said I’d passed it obvs providing the urine test came back okay, but heard nothing and have dropped DB an email but nothing back as of yet

Bonzo

I'd signed up for the job alerts but this is the first I'd heard of this so much appreciated and have applied.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Recruitment moving ahead at speed for some depots it would seem, namely East Midlands / South Yorkshire / Cumbria.