• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

T-Karmel

New Junior/Trainee Train Driver roles showed up for DB Cargo UK for below locations:

Wiltshire (*new* 16/12/2022)

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire: (17/06/2022)

Wednesbury, West Midlands (04/03/2022) & (24/06/2022)

Mossend, Lanarkshire (19/02/2022)

Dartford, North Kent (04/02/2022)

Westbury, Wiltshire (15/12/2021)

Eastleigh, Hampshire (29/11/2021) & (02/05/2022)

Peak Forest, Derbyshire (06/10/2021), (09/02/2022) & (02/05/2022)

Newport, Newport (29/09/2021)

Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot (29/09/2021)

Dollands Moor, South Kent: (30/07/2021), (13/08/2021) & (12/10/2021)

Barking, Essex: (30/07/2021) & (04/03/2022)

Acton, West London: (22/07/2021) & (04/06/2022)

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire: (11/05/2021) & (04/03/2022)

Warrington, Cheshire: (11/05/2021)

Carlisle, Cumbria: (11/05/2021)

Rotherham, South Yorkshire: (11/05/2021)

Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire: (11/05/2021) & (09/08/2021)

Good luck to everyone applying! :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T-Karmel

Look up to post #1 for updated list of vacancies. Today added up two: Nottingham and Warrington.

Unknown2020

Hi! I wondered if anyone could help.
I am already in the talent pool for one of these roles posted. Do you think it would be a good idea to reapply?
Do you think that because they are re-advertising that means there’s a chance there’s jobs coming up?
thank you

Stigy

Established Member
I am already in the talent pool for one of these roles posted. Do you think it would be a good idea to reapply?
Do you think that because they are re-advertising that means there’s a chance there’s jobs coming up?
thank you
No, I’d not reapply, but would probably call them and ask the question as to what their plans are, since you’re in a pool for one of the listed depots.

Unknown2020

No, I’d not reapply, but would probably call them and ask the question as to what their plans are, since you’re in a pool for one of the listed depots.
Thank you so much for replying!
Thank you, I don’t currently have a telephone number to call, but have sent an email so will hopefully hear back soon.
thanks again

NorthernTech

thank you
I would think it would seem strange to reapply. Imagine if you reapplied and never got anywhere and it somehow cancelled out your initial progress!? I’d send a polite email to them first as you may well be one of the first in the queue should any positions come up, and judging by the ad text, it sounds like they think there may be some action coming soon!

Unknown2020

I would think it would seem strange to reapply. Imagine if you reapplied and never got anywhere and it somehow cancelled out your initial progress!? I’d send a polite email to them first as you may well be one of the first in the queue should any positions come up, and judging by the ad text, it sounds like they think there may be some action coming soon!
Thank you for replying!
yes i agree it doesn’t seem right to re-apply, but I wanted to make sure I was still on the radar for jobs coming up!
I’ve sent an email so hopefully will hear back soon!
Fingers crossed this is a sign of things moving in the right direction.
Thanks again!

NorthernTech

Thank you for replying!
yes i agree it doesn’t seem right to re-apply, but I wanted to make sure I was still on the radar for jobs coming up!
I’ve sent an email so hopefully will hear back soon!
Fingers crossed this is a sign of things moving in the right direction.
Thanks again!
Yeah defo best approach, but well done for getting in the pool so far. Its hard work trying to get into a job/pool but must be frustrating sat in the pool splashing around!

Unknown2020

Yeah defo best approach, but well done for getting in the pool so far. Its hard work trying to get into a job/pool but must be frustrating sat in the pool splashing around!
Thank you!! Haha yes I am so happy I’m lucky enough to be in the pool, but obviously it’s difficult not knowing for how long as I’m just soo keen to actually get started. Hopefully will hear back soon

Jaxscc

Hi ...I've started my application for this role and have come to the section regarding providing evidence of your GCSE qualifications. I no longer have this evidence as it was so long ago, I can't even remember the examining body!... Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any suggestions regarding solving the issue?

OldNick

Hi ...I've started my application for this role and have come to the section regarding providing evidence of your GCSE qualifications. I no longer have this evidence as it was so long ago, I can't even remember the examining body!... Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any suggestions regarding solving the issue?
If the role is being offered as an actual apprenticeship, many companies seem to offering the chance to take short Maths, English and ICT NVQ equivalent courses/exams to fulfill the eligibility if you cannot prove your GCSEs.

I don't know if that is the case here though.

LokiB

If the role is being offered as an actual apprenticeship, many companies seem to offering the chance to take short Maths, English and ICT NVQ equivalent courses/exams to fulfill the eligibility if you cannot prove your GCSEs.

I don't know if that is the case here though.
I don't think it's bthe case here. On the application it won't allow you to proceed without showing evidence of your grades.

DriverEight

Contact the AQA, they can provide a certified copy of your results, but not a replacement certificate. It costs about £45 and takes a few weeks. I was able to get my CSE & GCE results which is further back than GCSE. You can do it online. Obviously this won't help you now, but you'll need it for next time.

Last edited:

Treadstone

I’m still have a live application for the cross country apprentice driver vacancy, this Also seems to have the same login and application system, can I still apply?

YingYing

I’m still have a live application for the cross country apprentice driver vacancy, this Also seems to have the same login and application system, can I still apply?
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem. I've got 3 active applications at various stages within DB Group.

FastTrax

I did my GCSE equivalent abroad but have a UK degree. anyone know if TOCS allow foreign equivalent certificates? also i assume they can see all teh other documents uploaded on DB for other roles? many thanks in advance

T-Karmel

I did my GCSE equivalent abroad but have a UK degree. anyone know if TOCS allow foreign equivalent certificates? also i assume they can see all teh other documents uploaded on DB for other roles? many thanks in advance
They're happy with international equivalents but you might struggle with its translation, as usually English learned abroad is a "foreign language", not the "native language literatures". I do know a person who was lucky with having it translated the way that it was accepted (not in railway though).

Matt85

Depends of its being done as an apprenticeship and who the training provider is. We had a company called Train’d up and they would t accept foreign equivalents and degrees count for nothing believe it or not

Firefly83

Would anyone happen to know if the salary increases annually (subject to passing assessments etc). Thanks

Dilksy2396

New Junior/Trainee Train Driver roles showed up for DB Cargo UK for below locations:

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire:

Warrington, Cheshire:

Carlisle, Cumbria:

Rotherham, South Yorkshire: *now closed*

Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire:

Good luck to everyone applying! :)
I've applied for the Nottingham vacancy. I've had Shunter experience and I passed 4/5 Phycometric tests with WMR last year so I'm hoping it gives me an edge in the selection process.

YingYing

I've applied for the Nottingham vacancy. I've had Shunter experience and I passed 4/5 Phycometric tests with WMR last year so I'm hoping it gives me an edge in the selection process.
DB Cargo get you to retake all the psych tests if it's been more than 6 months since you did them. So, not sure how much of an edge it would give you other than suggesting that you're more likely to pass them again if you've sat them previously.