• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo Trainee Train Driver -Talent Pool - West London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Do you know where abouts in West London you would be based?
the hub is Acton and Wembley. I get the distinct feeling you effectively both sign core routes and traction but the Acton side do more to the West and South, and Wembley do more to the North and East.

Lewis H

Just saying that if you can’t be arsed to read the advert to see where the job is potentially based, there’s absolutely no chance that you’d get the job

Just saying that if you can’t be arsed to read the advert to see where the job is potentially based, there’s absolutely no chance that you’d get the job
I take it that is aimed at me.
The link wouldn't open on my phone. I opened it when I got home on my laptop.
Thank you for your advice.

rail-god

On Moderation
I take it that is aimed at me.
The link wouldn't open on my phone. I opened it when I got home on my laptop.
Thank you for your advice.

To be fair it was a good question to ask.

I believe DB cargo have a Hub based system so the location stated in the ad would be a centre point of the hub and NOT the booking on point. As stated in this thread the booking on points are Acton and Wembley. May be more?

Last edited:

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
To be fair it was a good question to ask.

I believe DB cargo have a Hub based system so the location stated in the ad would be a centre point of the hub and NOT the booking on point. As stated in this thread the booking on points are Acton and Wembley. May be more?

Location of vacancy says Acton, but hub location is Ealing. It's all very odd.

iwasyoungonce

£30k during training and qualified as a Junior or £30k during training and £50k+ once qualified as a mainline driver.

Do you work for DB ? and how do they define "qualified" ? is it a set period of time following an apprenticeship ?

The add states,
"Train driving within a designated Yards and Terminals achieving the European Train Driving License Part A certification".

n071958k

Received the 'thanks but no thanks' email this morning unfortunately. On to the next opportunity, fingers crossed something else comes up soon. Thanks again @sumperan for posting.

Crazyb

Location of vacancy says Acton, but hub location is Ealing. It's all very odd.
Don't quote me on this, I left my FOC 3 odd years ago, but if I can remember when they were bringing this in, you could book on remotely.

Instead of booking on at Acton depot then travelling pass, you could remotely book on at Ealing, that will save them travelling and booking on time...plus they will get more productive work out of you.

Most drivers have ipads, so you can download your notices and diagrams..... The reason they may have picked Ealing, is because more trains stop there, plus you have the tube, not like Acton Mainline Line.

If I'm wrong, no doubt I will be put right.

djack123son

After zero communication, invite to assessment in Doncaster received today, assessments late April and early may.

YingYing

I applied to the peak forest-based one that was advertised at the same time, still waiting for assessments to recommence/recruitment to pick back up, so it's good to hear other locations are getting going again.

djack123son

I never got an invite to Doncaster.. but I must already have passed the assessments because I have an interview on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.