• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB driver interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan latchey

Hello

Has anyone recently attended an interview ,or been offered a position as driver with DB in the past few weeks ?

I had an interview a couple of months ago but have not heard back. Not even a rejection email.
Have spoken with them a few times and they say they Will get back to me shortly .
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hello

Has anyone recently attended an interview ,or been offered a position as driver with DB in the past few weeks ?

I had an interview a couple of months ago but have not heard back. Not even a rejection email.
Have spoken with them a few times and they say they Will get back to me shortly .
Thanks
There you go then. They'll get back to you shortly! Patience is a must when dealing with the railway.

alan latchey

That goes without saying really.
But I was asking if anyone else was in a similar position .

Dante

Hello

Thanks

My Junior Driver interview was back in September, nothing heard so far.

River

Hi, I waited for 4 weeks and hadn’t heard , so I rang them up and asked them if there was any news for me, and she said we was just going to ring you , you have been successful would you like the job!!!!

Jonnyboy84

Hi, I waited for 4 weeks and hadn’t heard , so I rang them up and asked them if there was any news for me, and she said we was just going to ring you , you have been successful would you like the job!!!!
Hahahaha that's great

River

There HR office don’t appear to rush things , but they seem to get there in the end !!

Stigy

Established Member
I would urge anybody who has been waiting over a month to call recruitment and find out what's going on (with any company, not specifically related to DB or the railway in general). It's not unreasonable, especially if they said they'd get back to you in a week or so. As has been proved time and time again also, when you phone them up, you often receive an email shortly after giving you the outcome. I doubt this is coincidental.

Got my JD interview on Wednesday o_O:D

River

Sorry I meant which depot and are being interviewed as a qualified driver or trainee ?...but good luck either way .

River

Yes I was sorry !,, I’m going to be at dollands moor , start my training 14th January...really can’t wait now .

alan latchey

Hello
Took your advice and called them....numerous times .
Was told they would call back. Still waiting .
Emailed again as well.
But..heard today from a former colleague who is a driver there they DB have lost the mendip contract . So I won't be holding my breath .

Atishyou

Hello
Took your advice and called them....numerous times .
Was told they would call back. Still waiting .
Emailed again as well.
But..heard today from a former colleague who is a driver there they DB have lost the mendip contract . So I won't be holding my breath .

The mendip contract has been awarded to Freightliner, that means nothing though at the moment. It doesn't mean there won't be jobs for new entrants or existing staff, so just hold your horses and wait to see what happens.

alan latchey

The mendip contract has been awarded to Freightliner, that means nothing though at the moment. It doesn't mean there won't be jobs for new entrants or existing staff, so just hold your horses and wait to see what happens.
Ah. Ok..Thanks .
Only going on what I was told . He said the contact was a huge part part of their work.
Hopefully all Will be good with DB.
For the record my friend is very happy there .

Atishyou

Ah. Ok..Thanks .
Only going on what I was told . He said the contact was a huge part part of their work.
Hopefully all Will be good with DB.
For the record my friend is very happy there .

They're currently looking at what the impact will be. It might mean some drivers leave on TUPE to FL, or it might mean drivers can cover other work across London.

Don't write it off yet.

alan latchey

They're currently looking at what the impact will be. It might mean some drivers leave on TUPE to FL, or it might mean drivers can cover other work across London.

Don't write it off yet.
Thanks again
Won't write it off , just hard to get to speak to anyone at HR. For all I know I might not have even made the cut !
Enjoyed the interview and the fellas conducting the interview were very positive about DB.
I'm trying to move from passenger work and thinks it's something in would enjoy ( well, a bit more than what I do now )

Appreciate your replays.Thanks again

alan latchey

Don't write it off yet.
Thanks again
Won't write it off , just hard to get to speak to anyone at HR. For all I know I might not have even made the cut !
Enjoyed the interview and the fellas conducting the interview were very positive about DB.
I'm trying to move from passenger work and thinks it's something in would enjoy ( well, a bit more than what I do now )

Appreciate your replys.Thanks

River

From what I understand they lose a contract then gain another one.i wouldn’t worry to much about that ,, but the H/R are very very slow ,, I’m starting in January and Iv only just got all my information about the course !!

Seejwalker

From what I understand they lose a contract then gain another one.i wouldn’t worry to much about that ,, but the H/R are very very slow ,, I’m starting in January and Iv only just got all my information about the course !!
You think they're slow, try dealing with the medical company they used for my medical. I had a medical over two weeks ago and they still haven't sent a request to my GP for further medical Info (on a diagnosis I have).
I can see my Jan start being deferred :'(

Atishyou

From what I understand they lose a contract then gain another one.

This sometimes. DB have a lot of work over Cricklewood way and other areas. FL have 11 months to resource this huge contract and even if they took qualified drivers on, it'd be close if they were to be in place for the contract start.

I hope you hear some goods news soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.