• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Mobile Operative - East Midlands Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_Gleeballs

Afternoon all , went for this job and had the tests in Doncaster over a month ago know, was told on the day a group of us had passed the tests. Was informed that the normal practise is a couple of weeks later, DB would get in touch to arrange a interview to hopefully be placed into the talent pool, but so far have heard nothing. Anyone else pass the tests and heard anything?
know i understand its a long, long way off but if i was to be successful , do DB offer any perks as in staff boxes or priv rates ?
thanks everyone
regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Afternoon all , went for this job and had the tests in Doncaster over a month ago know, was told on the day a group of us had passed the tests. Was informed that the normal practise is a couple of weeks later, DB would get in touch to arrange a interview to hopefully be placed into the talent pool, but so far have heard nothing. Anyone else pass the tests and heard anything?
know i understand its a long, long way off but if i was to be successful , do DB offer any perks as in staff boxes or priv rates ?
thanks everyone
regards
This is strange, as I was wondering about this role. Not because I’ve taken the tests, but because I’ve just received an invite to take the assessments for a talent pool. I won’t be taking them as I have since taken a job with GWR and am midway through training. It makes me wonder though if the reason you’ve not heard is because they’re still filling the pools? I applied at the end of last year on the off chance (there weren’t any vacancies at my chosen depot), after my JD application was put on hold due to a recruitment freeze.

Dan_Gleeballs

This is strange, as I was wondering about this role. Not because I’ve taken the tests, but because I’ve just received an invite to take the assessments for a talent pool. I won’t be taking them as I have since taken a job with GWR and am midway through training. It makes me wonder though if the reason you’ve not heard is because they’re still filling the pools? I applied at the end of last year on the off chance (there weren’t any vacancies at my chosen depot), after my JD application was put on hold due to a recruitment freeze.
On the afternoon i was there, we must have had ten or so people taking the tests, with a group waiting after to take tests also, with around six of us passing. and the job was still on the internet long after that also. What will be will be , am happy in myself to have passed the tests, personal achievement and all that.

Stigy

Established Member
On the afternoon i was there, we must have had ten or so people taking the tests, with a group waiting after to take tests also, with around six of us passing. and the job was still on the internet long after that also. What will be will be , am happy in myself to have passed the tests, personal achievement and all that.
That’s the way you have to look at these tests, I was the same for Freightliner last year. I was just chuffed I passed all the tests. I was disappointed initially that I didn’t get the job, but passing tests are an achievement in themselves. Good luck!

C001

thanks everyone
regards

no perks at all.. only protected staff I.e pre 1992

Im leaving a toc to start at dB next month and giving up all my passes.

f1nch26

I applied for a role up North back in about April / May... I passed the assessments, was invited to interview a few weeks later...then heard absolutely nothing. I kept chasing up with HR but just kept getting told that someone would be in touch. With the uncertainty with the steel industry at the time I just assumed that there were no jobs, or I'd been unsuccessful. It was only a few weeks ago I decided to email them again just to try and find out what happened in the end. The woman rang me next day, sounding quite shocked, apparently I was successful at the interview, and had been placed in the talent pool for the next 3 years!

C001

I applied for a role up North back in about April / May... I passed the assessments, was invited to interview a few weeks later...then heard absolutely nothing. I kept chasing up with HR but just kept getting told that someone would be in touch. With the uncertainty with the steel industry at the time I just assumed that there were no jobs, or I'd been unsuccessful. It was only a few weeks ago I decided to email them again just to try and find out what happened in the end. The woman rang me next day, sounding quite shocked, apparently I was successful at the interview, and had been placed in the talent pool for the next 3 years!

Where up north did you apply for mate .. I’m starting on the 9th for kingmoor, but as a junior/trainee driver .

Wba0986

thanks everyone
regards
thanks everyone
regards
Dan I applied In April for bescot, did the tests in october and have an interview next week. They may be filling western first then do eastern after as the examiner has to come down from Doncaster for each part. Good luck when it does come around.

Dan_Gleeballs

Dan I applied In April for bescot, did the tests in october and have an interview next week. They may be filling western first then do eastern after as the examiner has to come down from Doncaster for each part. Good luck when it does come around.
thanks for the reply Wba0986 , wish you all the best for your interview. hopefully will hear from them soon enough.

Wba0986

thanks for the reply Wba0986 , wish you all the best for your interview. hopefully will hear from them soon enough.
Cheers dan. Interview passed and in talent pool awaiting a position opening up.
Heard 2 days after interview.
Good luck with hearing from them soon shouldn't be too far away now.

Status
Not open for further replies.