• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB multi-segment Sparpreis ticket - what happens if I don't use the first segment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinkansenfan

I thinking of booking a multi-segment, first class DB sparpreis ticket.

Let's say:

Segment 1: Berlin to Dresden on a Friday
Segment 2: Dresden to Frankfurt (Main) on a Saturday

Let's say that plans change and I need to abandon segment 1, will this affect my ticket and reservations for segment 2?

If this was booked on a US airline/carrier, if one did not check in for segment 1, segment 2 would certainly be cancelled. How sophisticated is DB's ticketing system?

I see in Today's Railways (June 2016) that there are a number of endangered railway lines in Sachsen, and I'm trying to ride some of those lines.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
DB's ticketing system is very similar to ours (in many ways) but relevant to this in that there is nothing tracking if you travel or not as such.

This will be fine.

Veteran Member
As Neil says, the tickets don't have the restrictions associated with UK Advance tickets about having to do the exact journey.

Worth fiddling around with the journey planner to see if you can use a second via- point to give you Dresden-Pirna-Neustadt-Sebnitz-Bad Schandau-Dresden for the same price.
I know Sebnitz-Bad S isn't threatened (they have just spent good money reinstating the border crossing at Sebnitz!) but it's a delightful ride.
If not, a VVO day ticket won't break the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.