• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Regio traction on former Salzburg route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class387

Established Member
Judging by the seats and the opening windows, I think it was a rake of Silberling coaches. The loco is a BR 111 as seen by the class number on the front.

Attachments

• 15732356141_78cd5f3897_b.jpg
    15732356141_78cd5f3897_b.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 27

Harbornite

Established Member
Seeing another thread made me think of a DB Regio train I used between Munich and Salzburg before the service transferred to Transdev. It wasn't one of the route branded deckers which were used on most services but a single decker like the one which appears on this blog: http://www.lagunabeachbikini.com/index.php/2012/04/19/salzburg-to-munich-by-train/

Can anyone identify the type of train?

I'm not familiar with this route, could they have been DB Regio interregio express services?

Like this...

22490114646_4affe5eb26_c.jpg

class387

Established Member
I'm not familiar with this route, could they have been DB Regio interregio express services?

Like this...

22490114646_4affe5eb26_c.jpg
I don't think there are IREs to Salzburg. Nor do I think there are Taurus and ex-IR coaches operating out of Munich. The seats on the train pictured seem like Silberling seats though, which is why I guessed that. You can also sort of see that the train doesn't have end doors.

Harbornite

Established Member
I don't think there are IREs to Salzburg. Nor do I think there are Taurus and ex-IR coaches operating out of Munich. The seats on the train pictured seem like Silberling seats though, which is why I guessed that. You can also sort of see that the train doesn't have end doors.

Fair enough.

Established Member
Judging by the seats and the opening windows, I think it was a rake of Silberling coaches. The loco is a BR 111 as seen by the class number on the front.

Near certainly the correct answer, it was never solid deckers even at the end.

EAD

Near certainly the correct answer, it was never solid deckers even at the end.

Yes definitely Nahverkehrswagen (Silberlinge) - have family just over into Tirol so have used the locals to Rosenheim (and on to Salzburg and Kufstein) a lot over the years. Clearly now it is Meridian with its EMUs.

EAD

I thought the Silberlinges were all long since gone.
The same vehicles were modernised internally and lost the traditional fish pattern when painted over in to the striped mint green livery (nicknamed Mintlinge in some circles) and later local traffic red (unimaginatively Rotlinge).

Many have gone (replaced with double deckers, EMUs or as a result of tenders lost out to other companies), but a lot still remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.