• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Schenker Rail disposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnxrail

Saw this on the DB website, thought id share if no one new more 37's DRS could buy.

We have following locomotives located at LNWR Eastleigh T&RSMD available for sale:
Locomotive Number
1 58017
2 58037

In addition we have the following locomotives available for sale: Locomotive Number
1 37703
2 37714
3 37716
4 37718
5 37800
6 37884

The closing date for registrations of interest for these locomotives is at 1000hrs Tuesday 21st, 2012.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phil6219

what are the conditions of the Class 58s

I'm fairly sure that this disposals list was posted a few weeks ago, if it's the same one then I believe that the 58s are on bricks and were used as a source of spares.

Phil 8-)

cj_1985

I'm fairly sure that this disposals list was posted a few weeks ago, if it's the same one then I believe that the 58s are on bricks and were used as a source of spares.

Phil 8-)

are these not the two class 58s that need to be removed by crane, or broken up on site...
problem with lifting them is that iirc the local airports runway flight path would be right above.. and using a suitable size and strength crane would require dispensation/permission from the Airport or whatever the governing body is.

mbonwick

Established Member
Yes, these are the 58s that will need to be broken up where they lie, and have been tendered as such.

This list has been around for a while.

Crossforth

Established Member
I went to see the 58s on Saturday... Or what's left of them which is not much.

The cabs are there but not much in between. They are both sat on sleepers along with 58002 which I do believe has been sold.

yummy125

The 58's at Eastleigh are not worth buying (been out in our acid rain for to long) and will be scrapped. I'm waiting (could be a long time) for 58 016 to get it's mainline pass & pull Railtours as it will be a sell-out.

There would not be any problems with using a crane to get the loco's out the depot as it they would not affect the flight path due the planes not being that low on take-off & landing.

Just like when Thorpe Park asked to build a small working windmill ontop of the staion roof for their "SAW" ride, but the council said no cos it might cause problems with Heathrow, What a load of cobblers, TP is no way near the airport to affect the runnings of the planes.

mbonwick

Established Member
There would not be any problems with using a crane to get the loco's out the depot as it they would not affect the flight path due the planes not being that low on take-off & landing.

Wrong! The size of crane required to gain sufficient lift would interfere with air operations. In fact there was an entry in NOTAMs for it, but in the event the lift was cancelled as DBS found they couldn't get the crane in close enough for the lift.

Crossforth

Established Member
Wrong! The size of crane required to gain sufficient lift would interfere with air operations. In fact there was an entry in NOTAMs for it, but in the event the lift was cancelled as DBS found they couldn't get the crane in close enough for the lift.

That will be why then there is a requirement for them to be scrapped on site.

Boothby97

Established Member
Has the tender closed now, as it says here and on the website, tender closes Saturday 21st, 2012. 21st April was a Saturday.
Thanks, Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.