• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB to take over Telford terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Interesting, but what are they going to do with the site / what traffic are they going to come up with? That's going to be the next stage of Donnington history, as afterall thats surley been it's difficult downfall so far.

The site has plenty of potential - clearly being part of a network of freight sites makes much more sense than a stand-alone facility as is has been up to now.

The area is industrial and the MoD have one of their main armoured bases/repair sites at Donnington. The M54 is nearby too.

TDK

Established Member
Interesting, but what are they going to do with the site / what traffic are they going to come up with? That's going to be the next stage of Donnington history, as afterall thats surley been it's difficult downfall so far.

A good place for refuelling locos

timstours

lucky donnington ,i wish they would take my local and rusty railfreight terminal over.
this is south marston near swindon where honda used rail for a while to transport cars to belgium ,the excuse for ending this that the cars were getting damaged when being loaded ,the same covered blue wagons are being used on other flows.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
lucky donnington ,i wish they would take my local and rusty railfreight terminal over.
this is south marston near swindon where honda used rail for a while to transport cars to belgium ,the excuse for ending this that the cars were getting damaged when being loaded ,the same covered blue wagons are being used on other flows.

I understood that use of the yard ended with the scaling back of production at the start of the recession?

Status
Not open for further replies.