• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Train Managers Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

applepie2100

Having recently completed my travels on a several ICE services in Germany it looks like the Train Managers/Ticket Examiners have recently been issued by what appears to be very new and very impressive ticket machines.

The machines themselves look to be similar to a rugged tablet but also incorporate 3D barcode scanners, card readers and large colour touch screens.

Does anyone know who makes these machines, when they were introduced or where I could find more information about them?

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zuriblue

Having recently completed my travels on a several ICE services in Germany it looks like the Train Managers/Ticket Examiners have recently been issued by what appears to be very new and very impressive ticket machines.

The machines themselves look to be similar to a rugged tablet but also incorporate 3D barcode scanners, card readers and large colour touch screens.

Does anyone know who makes these machines, when they were introduced or where I could find more information about them?

Cheers.

Was it something like this?

http://www.metric-group.com/en/public-transport/products/mobile-systems/metricmobile-pos/

If so they're made by Metric group (Höft und Wessel) who we know as Almex.

The SBB used to use them as well before they moved to the current solution of a Samsung mobile phone and a small Bluetooth printer.

csm_mobile_sbb_62456bc9f1.jpg

applepie2100

That's the one!

Thanks very much for this. Given that it looks very new and advanced compared to the older Casio machines that they were using, is there any obvious reason as to why SBB have already changed to another system?

axlecounter

That's the one!

Thanks very much for this. Given that it looks very new and advanced compared to the older Casio machines that they were using, is there any obvious reason as to why SBB have already changed to another system?

EOL of the older one (so they said), modularity and better connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.