• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DBS cripples

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchmaker

Established Member
There has been a DBS HTA hopper sitting in the cripple road at Longannet power station for many weeks. As of this morning it has been joined by four more. What means are used to repair these? In the case of a serious defect, would the wagon have to be moved by road?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Colonel

There's a dead MEA maroon box wagon opposite the old 'box at Woking - its been there since early Feb if not before. Not been past for a few weeks so it may have moved, but I doubt it.

455driver

Veteran Member
There's a dead MEA maroon box wagon opposite the old 'box at Woking - its been there since early Feb if not before. Not been past for a few weeks so it may have moved, but I doubt it.

It was still there last Wednesday.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
There has been a DBS HTA hopper sitting in the cripple road at Longannet power station for many weeks. As of this morning it has been joined by four more. What means are used to repair these? In the case of a serious defect, would the wagon have to be moved by road?

One can only assume that DBS have plenty of HTA's going spare!

83G/84D

Established Member
Since the closure of the wagon shops at St Blazey any red carded CDA wagons have to be repaired where they stand. This has on occassions necesitated the hire of a road crane to lift a wagon off it's wheels to effect a repair.

Goodness know's how much it costs to hire a crane!

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Since the closure of the wagon shops at St Blazey any red carded CDA wagons have to be repaired where they stand. This has on occassions necesitated the hire of a road crane to lift a wagon off it's wheels to effect a repair.

Probably less than it costs to keep the wagon shops open!

9K43

After I did my tappers course, I was sent out to KY to work with the Knottingley Mobile Gang.
This work was on the cripple road at Drax Power Station, and in January.
I just watched what the lads did, and lended them a hand when required.
I must pay tribute to Mick Hunt who was a really big strong fitter, who could carry a couple of wheel set under each arm(Joke ) This was in the last days of the HAA Mgr stock.
At this time the 100 ton trucks were coming on the scene, for every one of the new stock, it could do away with 3 HAA's
If anyone met Mick Hunt you would remember him as he was a huge ruby player from Wakefield.

KA4C

CDA's are maintained in the wagon shop at Fowey, which is where the planned maintenance of the CDA's has been for the last four and half years, including the regular wheelset swaps

One of the reasons for this was to save non revenue trips with CDA's on maintenance to / fro Fowey - SBZ. They are maintained where they live

The wagon shop at BZ is, however, still in regular use, Recently it was used to repair two CDA's which had a coming together with a loader bucket, it is also used for do maintenance on the RHTT, including wheelset swaps (via a road crane for lifting) and also brake block changes on the local "clay" loco when required. MPV servicing is also carried out there, when it is down

Status
Not open for further replies.