• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DCC - Whos got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

I've got it, using Hornby's 'Select' unit! However makes a sound with analogue locomotives, AC power with a DC motor. Reminds me of the 444s & 450s, Bliss ;)

kettlefan

when bachmann make sound chips for steam locos, then I could be interested. However I'd rather wire up a bank of switches still! me and 960012 were helping on a layout at a exhibition lately and we spent a while watching a shunting layout in EM gauge with a sound fitted bachmann 37 shunting away on some bogie bolsters. The only thing that spoiled it was the 3 link couplings being tedious! But my word it wasn't half good, the loco would do the usual "rev up" the 37s always make, and would move off with appropriate sounds, and when it slowed down brake sounds and coasting sounds would turn on. If I could have something like that on my Bachmann 4MT mogul, I'd be well pleased.

Nathan

when bachmann make sound chips for steam locos, then I could be interested. However I'd rather wire up a bank of switches still! me and 960012 were helping on a layout at a exhibition lately and we spent a while watching a shunting layout in EM gauge with a sound fitted bachmann 37 shunting away on some bogie bolsters. The only thing that spoiled it was the 3 link couplings being tedious! But my word it wasn't half good, the loco would do the usual "rev up" the 37s always make, and would move off with appropriate sounds, and when it slowed down brake sounds and coasting sounds would turn on. If I could have something like that on my Bachmann 4MT mogul, I'd be well pleased.

Unfortuatly sound ready locomotives are really quite new, but you've got to start somewhere. The'll come in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.