• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

De-icing/anti-icing equipment mounting on trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vectus

Does anyone know supplier of de-icing/snowing equipment mounting on trains?Similar de-icing equipment installed on D S7/S8 of London over ground,but also suitable for normal 2 tracks rail projects

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Vectus

Thanks a lot for your info, Randy,
I will try and get back to you if they are suitable.

randyrippley

Established Member
just use google to search: there are many others listed.

However I suspect you'd do better to turn your question on its head and fully explain what it is you're trying to do. Better chance then that someone here with the experience can put you in the right direction.
Looks to me that there are numerous answers to your original request, but many may not be the right answers. Post more detail and you'll probably find someone who knows....

Vectus

@randyrippley
I am looking for similar de-icing equipment installed on D S7/S8 of London over ground. I get the impression that is for third track project. But the project i am working on is for normal 2 track metro/suburb trains.

Arrowvale one is seemed only for 3 track project.

Google search resulting in too many unrelated links, not very precise as what i am looking for.

Thanks a lot for your support

randyrippley

Established Member
I think you need to explain more.
Track deicing?
Third rail deicing?
OHLE deicing?

Vectus

@Dstock7080 @Randrippley
Thanks for your support.
I am working on a project need the following solutions:
1. Approved De-icing/anti-icing equipment/solution for rail points in winter. How is the situation of DS7/8 of London overground?
2. Approved De-icing/anti-icing equipment/solution for third rail project. Less priority than 1.
3. Any equipment can be amounted on operating train for this purpose

In case in winter time, the train is left in open track and be iced on the track (the wheel of train), any efficient solution to remove it?

Nor for OHLE De-icing at the moment.

best regards

Elecman

Established Member
Fixed points heating equipment deals with Points on Network a Rail, also some sites are now fitted with fixed heaters on the 3rd Rail.

Dstock7080

Established Member
London Underground rolling Stock only have the facility to de-ice the traction current rails.
Apart from the point heaters (now electric on LU) mentioned above, it is not felt necessary to de-ice running rails.

Vectus

@ Dstock7080, @ Elecman @randyrippley
Thanks for your comments. The project I am working is for winter weather similar to London. As there is normally no heavy snow in the winter, they think maybe it is not worthy of implementing fixed point heaters.
Do you have experience of de-icing/snowing for points with efficient temporary solutions?
1. for example, to spray a layer of anti-icer like kilfrost to prevent icing
2. once there is ice on the points, an efficient way to remove it with de-icing equipment?

Highlandspring

Established Member
Network Rail Scotland have a train specifically set up to remove ice and snow from points; it doesn't need to be used very often but is very effective when it is. It features in this video -

Status
Not open for further replies.