• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deal or no Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

richa2002

Established Member
If anyone here sometimes watches Deal or no Deal on Channel 4. The one on at the moment is absolutely amazing!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
If you watch it from the start you will understand what it is about.

T

Tom

I'm in love with that programme, watch it every day!

Basically there are 22 boxes each with a different amount of money in - there is a banker too. It's a game of chance.

You select 5 boxes to start off IIRC, then the banker sends an opening offer to try and get you off as soon as possible. So for instance, I choose 1,2,3,4,5 and all of the first 5 boxes are knocked off, so 1p - £100 are off IIRC. Then the banker sends an offer to get you off, in my case around £1000. Bad offer, no deal.

Then let's say in one situation I knock off the £250,000, £100,000, £75,000, in one round, I get a £600 offer. And let's say I keep knocking the REDs off so it eventually rolls down to the bottom few numbers, with an offer of £200 or so.

In another situation I could keep knocking off the BLUEs (low) so the offer gets higher and higher, there was an £84,000 offer in the programme today but unfortunately she had already dealt a deal. First box after the offer, £250,000 knocked out. It's a game of chance on when to DEAL or NO DEAL. :)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I love this show! I hope it stays on, and this will become a permanent weeknight show. Shame the woman dealt too early tonight, but £57,000 is not half bad ;)

T

Tom

The series will end soon - there is DOND on More4 everynight too though.

richa2002

Established Member
Glad I'm not the only one that absolute loves this programme! The More 4 one is a repeat of the one on 16:15 on the same day.

T

Tom

Ah right. Remember DOND is also on at the weekends too on Saturdays!

Jim

Established Member
Luckily Mum tapped it (another fan) so watched it. Preety good performance actually

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I watched it last night on a replay. The guy took the £45k deal (he had only wanted to go home with £10k), but it was revealed he had the £250k box after all!

Only thing about the show is they drag out for soooo long! You could have the thing over with in <15 minutes, but they drag out the show for so long...Hence I don't watch it on more than an infrequent basis. Only got into it whatsoever as it was usually on the TV in the staffroom at Currys.

voyagerdude220, I have to say I agree with you today, I'd prefer The Weakest Link if it was just DOND or that to watch. At least the former gives you some chance to develop your brain a tad, to the extent if you don't know the answer to the question, at least you'll learn it from the show. What are you going to learn from DOND? How to drag out a TV show just to increase the amount of time your face is on screen? Which would result in you being nationally embarrased when you walk off with next to nothing? Fine, your choice. I'll stick to my shows, you stick to yours. I'd rather have myself appear in The Times for an article, opinion or photo. Those who watch DOND appear to be the same sort of people who read newspapers such as The Daily Star, The Sun or The Mirror. In short, the trash papers. Of course, this isn't to suggest that the forum members here read such papers and degrade themselves to the lower working class as a result, that might just be coincidence. But it's certainly something I'd link most people to. DOND - The Daily Star - Lower working class.

Flame me all you want, that's what I'm saying.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I allways think that at least part of it is fixed, because of the fact the player allways says "No Deal" till very late in the game, or it obviously wouldn't be good TV.

Coxster

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
I allways think that at least part of it is fixed, because of the fact the player allways says "No Deal" till very late in the game, or it obviously wouldn't be good TV.
Nah - they still play the game as they would have after the deal anyway so no time would be lost.

Good episode yesterday, some guy from Loughborough went from £44,000 to just £3,000 in one round :lol:

richa2002

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
Really it's in the best interests of the player to deal later on in the game and like Damon says, they still go on and see what would have happened if the player had said no deal. Of course it's debatable whether the player is actually saying the numbers he/she would have played.

AJP

Richard Armstrong said:
If anyone here sometimes watches Deal or no Deal on Channel 4. The one on at the moment is absolutely amazing!

I watched it I would rather watch Coronation street!!

Tom B

Established Member
Tabloid TV for tabloid viewers... why do people enjoy being spoonfed intellectually lacking tripe through a plastic box?

jdjonnay

No matter how many times people explain it to me, I don't understand it. Plus Noel Edmonds is a beardy twunt who annoys me.

Angus

I don't watch it. IMHO the only decent thing on daytime/afternoon TV is Countdown (which I hardly ever watch anyway but on the odd occasions when I do it is quite interesting). TBH they might as well stop broadcasting anything during the day on weekdays - the only reason people watch TV between about 0900 and 1700 is because they've got nothing to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.