• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deansgate calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
As far as I'm aware, in the most recent non-Covid timetable (which would presumably Dec '19), the Castlefield Corridor is supposed to carry the following services every hour.

• TPE Airport - Edinburgh/Glasgow
  • TPE Airport - Newcastle
  • TPE Airport - Redcar
  • Northern Airport - Blackpool
  • Northern Airport - Barrow/Windermere
  • Northern Crewe - Airport - Liverpool
  • Northern Hazel Grove - Blackpool
  • Northern Alderley Edge - Wigan - Southport
  • EMR Norwich - Liverpool
  • TFW Airport - North Wales

Could someone please confirm which of these, pre-Covid, were booked to call at Deansgate in the standard Monday-Saturday timetable? Various sources seem to be conflicting and because everything on there has Covid adjustments applied at the moment I'm unable to just look it up in the data feeds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
As far as I'm aware, in the most recent non-Covid timetable (which would presumably Dec '19), the Castlefield Corridor is supposed to carry the following services every hour.

• TPE Airport - Redcar
Could someone please confirm which of these, pre-Covid, were booked to call at Deansgate in the standard Monday-Saturday timetable? Various sources seem to be conflicting and because everything on there has Covid adjustments applied at the moment I'm unable to just look it up in the data feeds.
You forgot the two Occy Road stoppers and the Liverpool-Airport semi fast.

The bold trains above called at Deansgate. I think all LIV-MCO terminaters called there inbound, but only 1tph called heading towards Liverpool via Cheshire Lines.

CAF397

• TPE Airport - Redcar

Definitely NOT calling at Deansgate;

TPE services
TfW services
EMR services.

Of the Northern services, you omitted the Liverpool - Oxford Road 'stopper', which stopped at Deansgate. Of the rest, I'm fairly sure they all stopped, apart from the Airport-Blackpool which had a sporadic stopping pattern through the day, and the Airport - Windermere/Barrow.

Not sure if it'll help with your query, but the Summer 2020 timetables on the following webpage don't take into account Covid alterations. Also, if it's of any use, I can compile a custom timetable for the station using pre-covid data?

Greybeard33

Established Member

• TPE Airport - Redcar

See for example:
5 calls/hr eastbound, 4/hr westbound in the standard hour:
Oxford Road - Liverpool (x2 eastbound x1 westbound)
Crewe - Liverpool both ways
Airport - Blackpool both ways
Hazel Grove - Blackpool westbound only
Southport - Alderley Edge eastbound only.
But note some peak variations. Also a 3 hour gap between Crewe services in the evening (terminate at Piccadilly and Victoria instead).

Also there would have been some changes in Dec 2020 even without Covid that might have affected Deansgate. E.g. TfW continuing to the Airport in the peaks instead of reversing in the Mayfield loop, and no more TfW peak extras.

Dspatula

Weekday
From Oxford Road
04 Blackpool North
26 Liverpool via Newton
34 Blackpool North
46 Liverpool via Warrington
outbound difference were
0721 Southport stopped at Deansgate
1721 Southport pass Oxford Road stop at Deansgate
2117 Liverpool stopped at Deansgate

Inbound Oxford Road
04 from Liverpool
13 Airport
25 Crewe
33 Alderley Edge
34 From Liverpool
Inbound difference differences
2212 from Liverpool continues to Airport
There were definitely one or two Liverpool terminators that missed Deansgate but I don't know which off the top of my head.

Sunday
From Oxford Road
04 Blackpool North
26 Liverpool via Newton
46 Liverpool via Warrington

Inbound Oxford Road
13 Airport/Oxford RD
25 Wilmslow
34 From Liverpool

Edit
Should have actually read Greybeard's post first, as he said no 18 or 19 25/26 Liverpool/Crewe.
The TfW change hasn't affected any other services as yet other than the 1726 Liverpool was always a 323 and is now always a 319.

Last edited:

Amstel

I used Deansgate quite a lot (preCovid) and the timetable was becoming a bit of a dogs breakfast. Slow DMUs at Deansgate take an age and certainly contribute to the blockage on the Castlefield corridor.
It would be better if we just stopped the Blackpool stoppers, they're quick 331s and would provide an exactly half hour service South to North Manchester, Piccadilly, Oxford Road, Deansgate, Salford Crescent, Bolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.