• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Death of Neil Innes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Neil Innes of Bonzo Dog, The Rutles, Monty Python films and much more has died aged 75.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50948921
Neil Innes, the English writer, comedian and musician - dubbed "The Seventh Python" - has died aged 75.

He was best known for his work with the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, The Rutles and collaborating with Monty Python.

A spokesperson for the Innes family said he had not been suffering from any illness and had passed away unexpectedly on Sunday night.

Among other things he wrote better Beatles songs than Lennon and McCartney.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A very sad loss, and a creater of some wonderful stuff over the decades.
This interview is from 2014 on the Radio 4 program ‘Chain Reaction’. Neil is talking to Graham Linehan (co writer of Father Ted amongst other things).
There’s some great anecdotes on it and it’s well worth a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03q8z47

GrimShady

Established Member
Agreed very sad loss

I was just watching an episode of his East of the Moon series from the 80s last week.

nlogax

Established Member
Yes, a very sad loss indeed. First encountered his talents via my parents' old Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band 45s! A few years ago I had good fortune to have a bit of a chinwag with him after a comedy gig. Such a lovely and down to earth chap, he'll be much missed.

High Dyke

Established Member
R.I.P. Neil Innes. I'll be marking his passing this Saturday by playing a song at the football; something I tend to do when a notable musician has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.