• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Death of Phil Sayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbt

I think this is worth noting. Phil Sayer, voice of many station announcements, died, aged 62, on Thurday 14th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36052363
A former BBC presenter who became the voice of the 'mind the gap' announcements on the London Underground has died of cancer.
Phil Sayer, 62, whose voice was heard on most of the automated PA systems on railway stations across the UK, died on Thursday.
Mr Sayer presented a daily show on BBC GMR - now Radio Manchester - in the 1980s and also read regional TV news.
He and his wife Elinor Hamilton later set up a company as voice-over artists....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sbt

Sorry missed that - and I did do a search. <Looks Puzzled>

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The built in forum search function is terrible (unless you want to search by username). Personally I use Google and you can force Google to search only this site by putting in your search term and then at the end typing site:www.railforums.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.