• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

December 2017 Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam0984

Grand Central appear to be running a 0504 Wakefield Kirkgate to Kings Cross and 2152 return...

Has this idea been postponed as I can’t see any timetables or RTT

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Turner

Re my comment in post 298. I emailed Network Rail and have just had the following reply:

Thank you for your email and drawing our attention to Tables 26 and 65

Ref Table 26, we have updated this Table and it is currently with our Websupport team for uploading to the relevant web page. It should be available within the next couple of days

Ref Table 65, I have noted your comments ref 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street and we will check this for the next edition

I hope this addresses your query and please let me know if you need any other information

berneyarms

Established Member
Would it be that difficult to fix Table 65 as well at the same time?

Presumably this will be too late for the printed edition by Middleton Press.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
GWR and Southeastern up.

If anyone can explain GWR's new booklet numbering system I would be grateful!

berneyarms

Established Member
GWR and Southeastern up.

If anyone can explain GWR's new booklet numbering system I would be grateful!

I suspect that the initial letter is a very broad reference to the general area served by each set of timetables

B = Bristol & surrounds (including South Wales)

D = Devon

K = Cornwall or Kernow

T = Thames Valley

xtradj

Looks like maps have gone missing from the eNRT now too.

Add that to all the incremental issues from the last few years which are still present - no sleeper timetables, no operators pages, no 'crossing London' etc. pages, no national maps, and no single volume. Gets worse every release.

Plus the link from http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/timetables.aspx - the first search result for 'national rail timetable' - is a 404 not found.

Lovely :rolleyes:

19.07 seems to be on the new timetable?

jfollows

Established Member
Ref Table 26, we have updated this Table and it is currently with our Websupport team for uploading to the relevant web page. It should be available within the next couple of days

Ref Table 65, I have noted your comments ref 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street and we will check this for the next edition
The latest version of the eNRT contains new versions of tables 26 and 41, and the former now includes the London-Leeds services. No revised table 65, consistent with the response quoted here.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I suspect that the initial letter is a very broad reference to the general area served by each set of timetables

B = Bristol & surrounds (including South Wales)

D = Devon

K = Cornwall or Kernow

T = Thames Valley

What was wrong with the East/Central/West numbering system?

berneyarms

Established Member
Updated list of published pdf timetables:

Network Rail eNRT and WTT
Arriva Trains Wales
c2c
Chiltern Railways
Cross Country
East Midlands Trains
Gatwick Express
Grand Central
Greater Anglia
Great Northern
GWR
West Midlands & Euston Lines franchise (new timetables are on the current London Midland website)
London Overground
Merseyrail
Northern
Scotrail
Southeastern
Southern
South Western Railway
TfL Rail
Thameslink
Transpennine Express
Virgin Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast

DanNCL

Established Member
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned in this thread (I haven't read through it all), but the parliamentary service at Teesside Airport is being reduced to just one train towards Darlington now; at 14:56? on a Sunday, with the service towards Hartlepool no longer calling there.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned in this thread (I haven't read through it all), but the parliamentary service at Teesside Airport is being reduced to just one train towards Darlington now; at 14:56? on a Sunday, with the service towards Hartlepool no longer calling there.

Good spot that.

Looks like the 11:07 Darlington - Hartlepool has been retimed to become the 13:14 Darlington - Hartlepool.

Wasn't there issues with the footbridge?

Last edited:

DanNCL

Established Member
Good spot that.

Looks like the 11:07 Darlington - Hartlepool has been retimed to become the 13:14 Darlington - Hartlepool.

Wasn't there issues with the footbridge?
A very good spot, indeed @DanNCL . Looks like Teesside Airport will be taking a leaf out of the timetables of Reddish South and Denton.
There are issues with the bridge (it's been propped up by scaffolding for many years, and there is a sign telling people not to stand on the bridge); so presumably this is to allow the footbridge to be decommissioned without being replaced. It's like what happened at Pilning all over again, except Teesside airport doesn't get an extra service from the platform that remains open to compensate.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Makes sense, although one for the station visitors to be aware off if they wanted to use the morning service to call at the station and walk back to dinsdale.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Any idea when this new Huddersfield to Castleford service is supposed to begin ? I've looked in the new timetable and on the NRE website and can't see hide nor hair of it.

superkev

Established Member
Incredibly today the Leeds Manchester Oxford road service passing sowerby bridge at 15.06 was formed of a single carriage 153. Going to get a bit cramped later I think.
K

neonison

No maps!

I made the mistake of deleting all of the old content (I used to keep all of my paper 'All-lines' but dumped them all in the last house move, since then I have only kept e-copies on my PC and iPad) so they may have gone forever.

Does anyone have a link to the Maps please?

pacenotes

I'm hearing that the GWR changing there 5 carriage turbos for 4 carriage 387s. Anyone know how many carriages that are scheduled to run at each diagram? So much for the whole more capacity PR bull.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
I'm hearing that the GWR changing there 5 carriage turbos for 4 carriage 387s. Anyone know how many carriages that are scheduled to run at each diagram? So much for the whole more capacity PR bull.

Hearing from where? Its a very long time since I have seen a 4 car 387 working, 8 car seems to be standard.

Also, there is a huge fleet of these 387s coming to GWR - to the extent it is difficult to understand where they will be used without 12 car workings.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hearing from where? Its a very long time since I have seen a 4 car 387 working, 8 car seems to be standard.

Also, there is a huge fleet of these 387s coming to GWR - to the extent it is difficult to understand where they will be used without 12 car workings.

I haven't been keeping close count but they had only 2 or 3 left to be delivered a few weeks back. People are already debating the difficulties of stopping 12 car trains at various stations before the platforms have been lengthened, eg Maidenhead. I'd agree 8 car is the normal size train, I think the Hayes shuttles have been 8 car normally since they started.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I haven't been keeping close count but they had only 2 or 3 left to be delivered a few weeks back. People are already debating the difficulties of stopping 12 car trains at various stations before the platforms have been lengthened, eg Maidenhead. I'd agree 8 car is the normal size train, I think the Hayes shuttles have been 8 car normally since they started.

I had a 4 car 387 out of Paddington on Friday, and it was very full!
There is a mixture of 4 and 8 car workings out today.

pacenotes

Seen a 4,8 & 12 car trains out of Paddington tonight.

The 4 cars were full and the 12 car fasts to Maidenhead had no seats by the time it left.

It seemed like the trains to Hayes were 4 cars?

infobleep

Veteran Member
I was surprised today to find that there was an hourly fast service between Reading and Gatwick Airport. There was also an hourly stopping service to Redhill.

What made it surprising was that it's a Sunday.

In recent years it's tended to be one train an hour, with one hour being slow to Guildford then fast to Gatwick. Next hour fast to Guildford then slow to Gatwick.

Prior to that it was fast every hour and slow every two.

I thought the combing was due to less passengers on the slow trains on a Sunday. Has there been an increase in recent times in passenger numbers?

Starmill

Veteran Member
12 car trains have now begun running... although it is a bit of a farce that they don't yet fit on the platform anywhere between Paddington and Reading.

infobleep

Veteran Member
12 car trains have now begun running... although it is a bit of a farce that they don't yet fit on the platform anywhere between Paddington and Reading.
It would be worse if they had lengthened the platforms but not had 12 car trains.

FenMan

Established Member
I was surprised today to find that there was an hourly fast service between Reading and Gatwick Airport. There was also an hourly stopping service to Redhill.

What made it surprising was that it's a Sunday.

In recent years it's tended to be one train an hour, with one hour being slow to Guildford then fast to Gatwick. Next hour fast to Guildford then slow to Gatwick.

Prior to that it was fast every hour and slow every two.

I thought the combing was due to less passengers on the slow trains on a Sunday. Has there been an increase in recent times in passenger numbers?

The introduction of the 387s has freed up some Turbos to augment the North Downs Line Sunday service. I cannot speak for the smaller stations east of Guildford, but the old Sunday service suffered from severe overcrowding west of Guildford, particularly when the weather warmed up.

infobleep

Veteran Member
The introduction of the 387s has freed up some Turbos to augment the North Downs Line Sunday service. I cannot speak for the smaller stations east of Guildford, but the old Sunday service suffered from severe overcrowding west of Guildford, particularly when the weather warmed up.
Was that not antisipated when they reduced the number of Sunday services or was the change further back in time than I remember and at a point when trains weren't so popular.

It's great they have done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.