• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Decoder ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

malc-c

Guys,

A good friend of mine contacted me the other day to inform me that a decoder surplus to his requirements would soon be in the post (his layout is DC). He had picked up a non runner 31 which when opening was found to be a butchered chassis with the PCB missing, but this decoder and a speaker wedged in and held together with some black tac smoo.

Anyway, he has removed the speaker and decoder and managed to remove the gunk form the loco, which has been put back to DC running and works fine. Rather than bin the decoder and speaker he has offered to send it to me to have a play with. He sent the attached images which don't give any indication as to make or model, but thought I would post them up here to see if anyone recognises it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
That looks like a Hornby TTS (Twin Track Sound) decoder to me. That works with it having come from a Class 31 - Hornby make a TTS decoder for that loco. :)

-Peter

malc-c

Thanks Peter, quite amazing to think that and a speaker was squeezed into a Farrish N gauge 31 !!

Peter C

Established Member
You're very welcome - and oh blimey! That's quite the modelling feat, isn't it? I wouldn't want to have to do that myself :lol:

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.