• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dee-Kay Systems Old School Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftaw

I used to play Ashley Greenup and Dee-Kay System sims when I was a kid. Just found a site that I can plan them online but most dont have instructions so was wondering if anyone remembers them. In particular, I can't figure out how to deal with the Suburban DMUs on the Paddington Traffic Control game.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flymo

Established Member
For the suburban DMUs they approach they need sent to SN. Similarly when ready for departure they go from SN to the down lines. You can use 'Z' to toggle between the approach and station screens to see if any are scheduled for departure. Might cost you a minute though.

I have a number downloaded and use Fuse to run them. Simple but fun. :)

Last edited:

Roose

Arguably off-topic but since Ashley Greenup has already been mentioned…

I used to have Ashley Greenup Power Box Simulator on PC. I lost the install disc and when I changed computers some years ago was therefore unable to use it any more.

I looked to buy another copy but was told it was not possible to use it any more. I think (it was some years ago) that someone suggested that it would run very fast on a more modern PC and be unplayable.

Can anyone confirm if whether that is true and, if not, have they direct experience of using it on an up-to-date PC? If it is usable, I’ll keep a look-out on ebay. (Then there will be the fun of trying to install from a 3.5” floppy on a PC that has never heard of them…)

Status
Not open for further replies.