• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deepcar steel train

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSHF007

What I assume to be 6J57 (as per the previous post) has just (at 18:08) passed over the Wicker Arches heading towards Deepcar.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BR 45111

66120 I think on it
66120 was the loco , as was the norm previously it had worked the Masbrough - Hedon Rd and return earlier then went onto 6J57 . I didn’t catch the outward as it was 30 minutes early.
By 1945 Railcam had 6J58 at the end of the branch at Woodburn eventually passing me through Rotherham Central around 2015 , an hour early on booked time.
The consist was as before mostly BBA’s with a couple of SPA’s in as well all appeared empty .

Regards
Marcus

BR 45111

There’s been activity between Aldwarke and Stocksbridge every night this week in what seems to be the new format for the working now that only one set of wagons is on the circuit . A light engine goes one way or the other depending on where the wagons are .

Regards
Marcus

Wayne679

After a spate of regular runs recently the steel train seems to have stopped again. It’s around two weeks since it ran.

Tim_UK

After a spate of regular runs recently the steel train seems to have stopped again. It’s around two weeks since it ran.
I heard some staff on site are being paid 75% wages to stay at home.

This arrangement in place for another week.

In the hope that explains something.

Wayne679

Thanks Tim. Yes that would explain things. Now we have the light evenings back I’m going to look at venturing out in the hope of capturing the Steel Train when it returns.
I heard some staff on site are being paid 75% wages to stay at home.

This arrangement in place for another week.

In the hope that explains something.Th

Lemmy282

There's nothing in Realtime until Thursday this week, but next week there is something in for most days, let's see what actually happens.

BR 45111

Thanks Tim. Yes that would explain things. Now we have the light evenings back I’m going to look at venturing out in the hope of capturing the Steel Train when it returns.
I would have thought a good indication that it will run will an STP L/E in either direction , when it ran for a week or so regularly that’s how it presented in RTT.

Regards
Marcus

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Guardian is reporting that 160 jobs are to go at the steelworks in Stocksbridge.
To add some detail from that article:
Liberty Steel has announced plans to cut 200 jobs in the UK at plants in South Yorkshire and the West Midlands, as industrialist Sanjeev Gupta’s metals group looks to shift production to Rotherham.
The company said on Friday that it would cut 160 jobs at a plant in Stocksbridge, South Yorkshire, and 45 in West Bromwich in the West Midlands as it focused production on the plant in Rotherham, also in South Yorkshire.
Liberty said an increase in production at Rotherham could create a “potential” 160 new jobs, meaning that many of the affected workers in Stocksbridge may have the option to move to the nearby plant.
(from https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-steel-jobs-cut-south-yorkshire-west-midlands)

BR 45111

Usual path in for tonight loaded , that’s 1823 through Rotherham Central but be prepared for it running early with the light engine going back to Masbrough and the reverse for tomorrow night I.e l/e up to Stocksbridge with empty wagons back to Aldwarke .

Just to add 66013 has gone out on this morning’s Masbrough- Hedon Rd and return later , previously this working has provided the loco for 6J57 , but this morning’s working is no guarantee that the Stocksbridge will run.

Regards
Marcus

In the end 60074 arrived from Tinsley on a VSTP to Aldwarke to work 6J57 . The load consisted of 12 well loaded BBA’s and 2 SPA’s on the end.

Regards
Marcus

Last edited:

Iskra

Established Member
Going in the opposite direction was around 10 MTA’s, could only see in one and it looked to have scrap in it.

Wayne679

Hi folks. There is a train booked to go up the Deepcar line on the early hours of Thursday morning. Does anyone know what will go up the line ?.assuming that it does run. Could it be the yellow HST banana measurement train?.

Attachments

• 28D361AF-35E0-4131-BFD8-CA1A0AC0CB88.jpeg
    28D361AF-35E0-4131-BFD8-CA1A0AC0CB88.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 11

_toommm_

Established Member
Hi folks. There is a train booked to go up the Deepcar line on the early hours of Thursday morning. Does anyone know what will go up the line ?.assuming that it does run. Could it be the yellow HST banana measurement train?.

I would imagine it would be more likely to be the Class 950, or something like a Class 37 top’n’ tailed train with the test train coaches inbetween (not sure on their official designation).

Spaceship323

On RTT its pathed as a HST but was class 37's last month...see post 74

BR 45111

I’d take with a pinch of salt any TT which is booked up to Deepcar as more often than not it doesn’t there’s a group of us in Sheffield who look at the schedule and timings very closely , the most recent early hours of Thursday morning arrived at Woodburn Jct 30 plus late then according to RTT No Report to Stocksbridge and back then somehow manages to be 50 early at Woodhouse...I believe it’s reversed at Woodburn Jct and not gone up to Stocksbridge and that‘s so often the case.

Regards
Marcus

Lemmy282

I understand 66028 will run to Stocksbridge light engine tonight, and bring back two empty 4 wheel wagons.

BR 45111

A few weeks ago a bloke I know was out walking near Oughtibridge came across two NR people looking at the fencing apparently a cyclist had had an accident leading to NR looking at putting increased fencing along the route.
As a result he was told the route will be closed for six months to enable the work to take place . Increased fencing or NR just protecting their assets with maybe the steel train now finished ?.
Remember ( if you had an interest then ) what happened at Catcliffe when the line into Tinsley Yard became disused the track went walkey’s .
Only time will tell....

Regards
marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.