• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deighton Station (Huddersfield)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
Can anyone confirm whether Deighton station in Kirklees has 24 hour access or not?
I'm considering going there instead of Huddersfield when anything interesting is passing, but I'm most bothered for the hours when Huddersfield station is closed (Which I think is from about 00:30).

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

55z

*It is an unmanned station so access is available But be aware you security might be a problem

Polarbear

Established Member
Agreed. Deighton station is accessed by ramps from street level but is a tad isolated. Personally wouldn't be keen on being there late at night.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
At most unstaffed stations in West Yorkshire, the lighting is turned off around half an hour after the last train. There is no way of closing off the platforms though. Deighton is in one of the more deprived areas in Huddersfield, but doesn't seem to suffer from vandalism or anti-social behaviour any more than stations in more affluent areas (Mirfield or Denby Dale for example).

Established Member
Think I would rather give myself 50 lashes than spend any time on Deighton whatever time of day :lol:

alexl92

Established Member
I appreciate the warning, thank you! Are there any better spots with a decent view of the line where I'm not likely to lose my wallet/phone/nose/dignity?

Iskra

Established Member
I appreciate the warning, thank you! Are there any better spots with a decent view of the line where I'm not likely to lose my wallet/phone/nose/dignity?

Deighton is rough. Stations West of Hudds would be better if accessible. Marsden or Slaithwaite for example.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member

On this side of HUD, Mirfield is quite good, in particular platform 2 which is seldom used. Ravensthorpe is another option, but has a much less frequent service than MIR.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Can anyone confirm whether Deighton station in Kirklees has 24 hour access or not?
I'm considering going there instead of Huddersfield when anything interesting is passing, but I'm most bothered for the hours when Huddersfield station is closed (Which I think is from about 00:30).

Many thanks

why not just go to bed as you wont miss much.

Looking at the timetables there are a few overnight TPE services, the odd ecs and one freight - not worth the bother

alexl92

Established Member
why not just go to bed as you wont miss much.

Looking at the timetables there are a few overnight TPE services, the odd ecs and one freight - not worth the bother

This is what I've noticed to be honest. Its only if something abnormal comes through.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
On this side of HUD, Mirfield is quite good, in particular platform 2 which is seldom used. Ravensthorpe is another option, but has a much less frequent service than MIR.

On my one and only visit to Mirfield station a couple of years ago, there was no indication whatsoever as to which platform the Brighouse train left from. The middle platform seemed the more logical but in fact it stopped at the outer one. The two are some distance apart so it is important to guess correctly.

Is this still the case or have signs been put up?

Iskra

Established Member
On my one and only visit to Mirfield station a couple of years ago, there was no indication whatsoever as to which platform the Brighouse train left from. The middle platform seemed the more logical but in fact it stopped at the outer one. The two are some distance apart so it is important to guess correctly.

Is this still the case or have signs been put up?

There's PIS now. Barely anything stops on the middle platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.