• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay Advice (another one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glover123

Please could someone give me a second opinion. My journey was from Yeovil Pen Mill to Liverpool Lime Street at 15:00. The connections to Westbury and Bristol Temple Meads were fine. However the Cross Country service to Birmingham New Street over 15 minutes late and I missed my connection. The next train (with West Midlands train) was supposed to be an hour later but it was cancelled so I ended up catching the train which was two hours after the original connection. Obviously I can go down the Delay Repay route but who with? I am assuming it is Cross Country as it was their train which was late for my original connection in Birmingham. Please could someone advise. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JBuchananGB

I can see from RTT that a journey like yours would have happened on 13/9. Yes the claim goes to Cross Country. I assume the missed connection was at Wolverhampton. If you held a through ticket the claim should not have any difficulty.

In your position I might have tried a a journey planner to see if there was any alternative way to get from Wolverhampton from Liverpool but if you didn't know the 20.54 was going to be cancelled, then why would you?

hkstudent

Established Member
As a general rule of thumb, claim the operator caused the first delay and thus subsequent missed connections. And, if you had your tickets split, you are still entitled to claim all of them, as long as they are joined as one journey when fulfilled the minimum connection time requirement.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes I agree with others above; claim for the whole journey from XC as if their train had been on time you wouldn't have missed your connection.

The fact WMT caused a further delay doesn't change anything. What matters is how delayed you were into your final destination.

Claim for the full journey, irrespective of the number of tickets held. If it was on a combination of tickets then make sure your claim is as straightforward as possible e.g. if you got them all in one transaction through a ticket splitting site then the email conversation showing all fares and the full itinerary could be forwarded, as clear concise evidence of the full journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.