• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - Avanti

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServerHoster

Today, I was delayed on my journey from Brough/Sheffield to Sandbach. The trains I took were:

14:38 Brough to Doncaster, arrived 15:21 (Northern)
15:42 Doncaster to Sheffield, arrived 16:09 (TransPennine)
Broke my journey in Sheffield
17:11 Sheffield to Stockport, arrived 17:53 (TransPennine)
18:04 Stockport to Wilmslow, cancelled (was due to arrive 18:11) (Avanti)
18:17 Wilmslow to Sandbach, (was due to arrive 18:34) (Northern)
Due to the cancellation at Stockport, instead I got the 18:14 Stockport to Sandbach, arrived 18:50 (Northern)

However, I held split tickets for that journey:
Off Peak Day Return, Doncaster to Brough (return portion)
Anytime Day Single, Doncaster to Stockport (1st class, TPE only ticket)
Anytime Day Return, Winsford to Stockport (started late / ended early at Sandbach)

When claiming delay repay, I am not sure as to whether I should put Brough to Sandbach or Sheffield to Sandbach? It could count as one journey using multiple tickets, and if I had a through ticket, I would claim for Brough to Sandbach. I would like confirmation if I should claim for Brough or Sheffield to Sandbach.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Just email Customer Relations with what you’ve just posted, and scans of your tickets, and ask them to decide.

Bill57p9

Your journey was Brough to Sandbach, even though you split the tickets, so that is your claim.
I did something similar last year with AWC Euston - Carlisle and Carlisle - Auchinleck

Super Hans

As long as you claim for the correct journey it should go through fine. Claim for the whole of your train journey including all planned legs, and make sure the scheduled arrival time is correct, as your broke your journey it might try and place you on a different train from Sheffield. Combine all tickets into one image as the portal will only allow you to upload one, if you upload more it will just delete the previous image you uploaded.

Haywain

Veteran Member
My view is that they could see the delayed journey as having been from Sheffield due to the break of journey.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
My view is that they could see the delayed journey as having been from Sheffield due to the break of journey.
Yes, it is not a clear cut case as others suggest. Hence the OP should just email and explain what happened and ask Avanti to judge for themselves.

ServerHoster

Update: I have claimed through Avanti's system and uploaded the DON-SPT and SPT-WSF tickets, for journey SHF-SDB. They have denied it as "we appear to be missing multiple legs of your full intended journey" I will appeal and add the full journey

skyhigh

Established Member
Update: I have claimed through Avanti's system and uploaded the DON-SPT and SPT-WSF tickets, for journey SHF-SDB. They have denied it as "we appear to be missing multiple legs of your full intended journey" I will appeal and add the full journey
Did you not take the sensible advice from @AlterEgo ?
Just email Customer Relations with what you’ve just posted, and scans of your tickets, and ask them to decide.
Yes, it is not a clear cut case as others suggest. Hence the OP should just email and explain what happened and ask Avanti to judge for themselves.

robbeech

Established Member
This was certainly the most sensible advice. It’s not guaranteed there won’t be additional faff but it’s guaranteed that using the regular methods will result in a rejection 100% of the time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.