• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay - but I was early!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Agreed.

dragonblyth - thanks for providing an example; it avoids unnecessary confusion, as it turns out we are all in unanimous agreement on that point!

I am not so sure about the point of not yet having had a ticket; if the rail industry wants to adopt this view on a strict basis they need to abolish contactless/smart travel and provide a way of buying a ticket for a journey from any station using all acceptable payment methods for any journey. As they will not do this, then I think it should suffice if the customer acted reasonably.

Agreed.

Where a passenger boards a delayed train where there was no opportunity to purchase prior to boarding is another example of when that rule should be relaxed. In that situation I believe the railway and customer have an implied contract.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.