• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DELAY REPAY: Do you claim the "Splitting Fee?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkbonny

As it says really. Recently had a 100% claim for a split-ticket journey delayed for over an hour. Should I just claim the ticket prices, or is it acceptable to claim Trainsplit's commission also?

After all, by using a split I have saved the TOC money in this instance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Djgr

Established Member
You can claim but I don't think in a million years you will get it.

island

Veteran Member
The claim is based on the price on the ticket. Booking fees and surcharges paid to third parties are not part of the fare.

You might get it if you claimed, but I very much doubt it is an entitlement.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
You haven't saved the TOC money. They have given back all the fare that was paid, as they would have done on a through ticket.

You are not entitled to this but you can but ask!

Blinkbonny

You haven't saved the TOC money. They have given back all the fare that was paid, as they would have done on a through ticket.

You are not entitled to this but you can but ask!
I would have done if it had involved a second TOC.

Euston to Morecambe, for example, delayed from Lancaster. I suspect Northern would be glad if I'd made a big saving by splitting my Avanti ticket! (Even more so if I'd come from Penzance!)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Delay Repay is strictly limited to the price of the ticket. Any booking fees or agency fees you paid won’t be taken into account.

LowLevel

Established Member
You chose to use an agent that charges a booking fee over one that doesn't. You'll not get that back.

robbeech

Established Member
In fact in many cases you've actually cost the TOC money by splitting in the first place so they will certainly be reluctant to compensate you with anything more than what is due. Infact there are several threads proving that in these situations TOCs will (lawfully or otherwise) attempt to fob you off with LESS than you are due.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
If you choose to book on a website that charges fees, that's up to you. There are plenty of fee free websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.