• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay during engineering works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cav1975

Yesterday I travelled from St Pancras to Rainham by Southeastern. Due to engineering works the hourly morning train service was running to a special timetable with departures at xx55 rather than the xx25 in the normal timetable. As a result I wasted 30 minutes at St Pancras and arrived at Rainham 30 minutes later than I had expected.

Would this be claimable via delay repay?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I don't think it would be, as the changes were advertised beforehand.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yesterday I travelled from St Pancras to Rainham by Southeastern. Due to engineering works the hourly morning train service was running to a special timetable with departures at xx55 rather than the xx25 in the normal timetable. As a result I wasted 30 minutes at St Pancras and arrived at Rainham 30 minutes later than I had expected.

Would this be claimable via delay repay?
When did you buy the ticket, and what service was advertised when you bought it?

If the works were advertised before you bought the ticket then that's not a delay unfortunately.

cav1975

Thanks for your replies

I bought the ticket (one way Zone 6 to Rainham via HS1) on the 15th from East Midlands Trains who, to be fair, did quote the xx55 train. What left me confused was that the Hull Trains website showed both xx25 & xx55 trains so I just assumed that the service was every 30 minutes.

I didn't bother with the Southeastern website as it is so difficult to use.

Yesterday I picked up a copy of the printed timetable at St Pancras which shows only the xx25 trains.

Thanks again, I'll put it down to experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.