• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay for cancellation, subsequent declassification

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo

Hi all, just after some clarification here.

Was booked onto the 10:24 (1E08) LNER from Newcastle to York. Train was ultimately cancelled 30min after arrival at NCL due to a technical issue, later clarified as a brake issue.

Pax. were asked to board the 10:56 (1E09), quickly becoming full and standing (though I found a seat). Upon leaving Newcastle, was informed the train was now declassified and standard class pax. could go to first class.

I think I know the answer to this one, but thought I'd ask anyway:

I know I'm entitled to the difference back between first and standard for the declassification, but do I also have the right to claim delay repay for the cancelled train that forced me onto the 10:57, arriving into York approx. 30m later than I originally planned?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hi all, just after some clarification here.

Was booked onto the 10:24 (1E08) LNER from Newcastle to York. Train was ultimately cancelled 30min after arrival at NCL due to a technical issue, later clarified as a brake issue.

Pax. were asked to board the 10:56 (1E09), quickly becoming full and standing (though I found a seat). Upon leaving Newcastle, was informed the train was now declassified and standard class pax. could go to first class.

I think I know the answer to this one, but thought I'd ask anyway:

I know I'm entitled to the difference back between first and standard for the declassification, but do I also have the right to claim delay repay for the cancelled train that forced me onto the 10:57, arriving into York approx. 30m later than I originally planned?
Yes, although it should be calculated at the standard class rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.