• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay on a Northern complimentary ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyaloud

i used a single ticket for any northern journey gained from a previous delay relay. Train arrived 15-29 mins late. Will this garner me anything such as another single northern ticket? Normally they will not pay out a single ticket for a delay between 15-29 mins, only 30 And over. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scrapy

Established Member
i used a single ticket for any northern journey gained from a previous delay relay. Train arrived 15-29 mins late. Will this garner me anything such as another single northern ticket? Normally they will not pay out a single ticket for a delay between 15-29 mins, only 30 And over. Thanks
Yes compensation on a delay of 15-29 minutes is 25% of single ticket value and 25% of 0 is 0. No entitlement to complementary ticket. That said no harm in putting delay repay request in, you may get a good will gesture especially as by having a complementary ticket you've obviously been inconvenienced before. Just don't feel hard done by if you don't get in.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I claimed for a delay when using a Northern complimentary ticket and was sent another complimentary ticket.

IIRC their delay repay website has ‘complimentary ticket’ as an option in the ticket type field.

Status
Not open for further replies.