• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay on VTEC ITX Low Package ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I've got a couple of VTEC ITX Low package tickets from NNG to KGX, sold through Superbreak. (Image attached with any potentially-personally-identifying information redacted!)

The train was delayed by over half an hour; the staff handed out Delay Repay cards, advising us to go online to fill in the form... but the form requires "amount paid", and that's not on the ticket!

Do these even qualify for Delay Repay? And if so, what should go in the box...? I've tried searching all sorts of keywords and can't find an answer anywhere.

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• ticket.jpg
    ticket.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 125
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How much did you pay and how much would the accommodation have been without train tickets?

gray1404

Established Member
I have booked a package similar to this with Superbreak before from Newcastle. It is possible to get a quote for hotel only and then the same thing including the railtravel. I would be tempted to send the tickets in with an email, letter or customer comments card explaining what happened.

No one can say that travel on these tickets is not subject to the NRCoC. I would therefore argue you are entitled to compensation.

Veteran Member
The ITX fares listed on brfares.com are priced at 5p or 10p, but no harm in asking!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
My parents were paid out on a set of these but I think it was a VTWC "here's 40 quid of RTVs, go away nicely" answer, not one that had actually paid any attention to what was being claimed.

causton

Established Member
My parents were paid out on a set of these but I think it was a VTWC "here's 40 quid of RTVs, go away nicely" answer, not one that had actually paid any attention to what was being claimed.

Which is a shame as I think they have stopped doing these or at least stopped giving them out as easily :( - after complaining about the staff at Euston refusing to sell tickets from other stations and going "That's not how you use your Priv card, mate" just because I wanted to go from Euston to somewhere, then on the return through Euston to another destination! I did receive no vouchers but a hollow response saying someone would look into it.

gray1404

Established Member
Which is a shame as I think they have stopped doing these or at least stopped giving them out as easily :( - after complaining about the staff at Euston refusing to sell tickets from other stations and going "That's not how you use your Priv card, mate" just because I wanted to go from Euston to somewhere, then on the return through Euston to another destination! I did receive no vouchers but a hollow response saying someone would look into it.

The fact remains the ticket office is to sell whatever ticket they are asked for.

causton

Established Member
The fact remains the ticket office is to sell whatever ticket they are asked for.

I work in a ticket office myself which means I full well knew that and so did they when they said that! Which made me even angrier.

Back on topic, they could either give you delay repay on the nominal 5p/10p value of the ticket (which would be funny to see, admittedly!), give you a goodwill voucher (which is what I hope would happen), or just refuse entirely.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Officially there is no Delay Repay entitlement as the nominal value of the fare alone is, well, 10p.

There is a number of reasons why they may decide to pay out though, but not necessarily based on the difference between the hotel only and all inclusive prices, but as some have said, you don't get if you don't ask.

Personally if you ask nicely, I would be more than happy to throw in a £20-£30 RTV as a goodwill gesture, provided that you are not a serial complainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.