• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny158

Yesterday I went to travel on the 15:12 VTEC Doncaster to York service ( London-Edinburgh train ) which was delayed by 76mins. This service was already running from London and so the 15:19 Crosscountry service (Reading to Newcastle) arrived first and so I boarded this train which at that time was on time. This service was then held in Doncaster station due to "trackside equipment problems". This service then arrived in York 57mins late. The delay to the original VTEC train I went to catch made me arrive in York 63mins later than I should have done. My ticket was stamped by the guard on the Crosscountry train.
So my questions are....
Who should I send my delay repay claim to, Crosscountry or VTEC?
Am I entitled to claim the full 1 hour delay repay or do I have to settle for the 30-59min claim because the train I travelled was only 57mims late even though I was 63mims late arriving in York?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Delay Repay is based upon the time you arrived, not when the train you planned to catch arrived. If you arrived 57 minutes late, then you would not qualify for the 1 hour's delay.

You should submit the claim to the company that cased the initial delay - in this case VTEC. Had their train not been delayed, you would not have needed to get on the CrossCountry service at all.

gray1404

Established Member
The delay to the VTEC train caused you to arrive at your destination 63 minutes late. You therefore claim from VTEC for a 60 minute delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.