• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris M

Today I caught the VTEC 13:05 from King's Cross to Leeds, which arrived 22 minutes late. This meant I missed my connection to Cononley (15:26 Northern to Cononley) so I caught the 15:56 instead. Had my second train been on time I would have arrived 29 minutes late, but in the event it was delayed 8 minutes so I got to Cononley 37 minutes after I should have done.

Am I eligible to claim delay repay on this journey, even though neither train was individually more than 30 minutes late?

If this is eligible, which TOC do I send the claim to? I purchased the ticket (an advance from KGX to Cononley) through trainsplitting.co.uk (although this ticket wasn't split, other journeys (coming on Sunday and Monday) I booked at the same time were).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
If you got to your destination >30 minutes late (which you did) then yes you can claim. As long as it was one ticket i.e. Kings X to Conoley (as opposed to split ticketing).

As to whichever TOC you claim from, I believe you'd claim from Northern as they took you to your ultimate destination.

Haywain

Veteran Member
You claim from VTEC as they caused the missed connection.

roversfan2001

Established Member
If you got to your destination >30 minutes late (which you did) then yes you can claim. As long as it was one ticket i.e. Kings X to Conoley (as opposed to split ticketing).

As long as the relevant condition is met (adequate connection time, stopped at the split point etc.) the number of tickets used to make the journey is irrelevant.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member

As to whichever TOC you claim from, I believe you'd claim from Northern as they took you to your ultimate destination.

Try not to give out duff advice (bold) or if you are unsure make it clear you are unsure. The amount of tickets is not relevant as long as they were all valid and connection times adhered too.

Chris M

Thank you all. I knew that the split ticketing wasn't relevant as I've claimed for a split journey where I did split the ticket (a fortnight ago, caused by XC cancelling a train), and in any case the ticket was a through ticket from King's Cross to Cononley anyway. I shall claim delay repay from VTEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.