• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

oversteer

I claimed for delay repay because I am sure my train was just over 30 minutes late on arriving. I received a letter stating that the delay was only 11 minutes and so it wasn't valid.

I sent the claim email via LMs app just as the train was stopping and it was +35 so I think I'm definitely right!

How do I appeal it? Only £5 or so but it's the principle that matters :D

I was on LM's 2K55 (MKC-Euston) on 8/8/14, boarding at Tring at 0745

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
boarding at Tring at 0745
That's not possible, but I assume you meant you were at the station in time for the 0745 and there were no trains heading South whatsoever until the 0745 which actually departed 0815, and arrived Euston at 0856, 31 minutes late?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I claimed for delay repay because I am sure my train was just over 30 minutes late on arriving...
To clarify; Delay Repay applies if you are 30 minutes late.

oversteer

Thanks Yorkie - yes that's what I meant, I was there for that specific train but it was very late arriving (and no others came in the meantime). I'll contact them and dispute it - wonder where they got the claimed 11 minutes delay from!

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
They've just made a mistake, ask them to look at it again.

I was on the same train- 0758 from Apsley- and I got my voucher in the post this morning.

Shempz

On a similar note, I was meant to be on the 18.07 shuttle service from Oxted to Uckfield on Monday 1st Sep which was cancelled (I was getting off at Ashurst).

The next train was the 18.37 - but my claim was rejected. Is there anywhere I can look to check, as I sincerely doubt the 18.37 managed to get to Ashurst less than 30mins later than the 18.07 would have (I probably should have taken a photo of the screen on the platform at the time though!)

Last edited:

andrewkeith5

On a similar note, I was meant to be on the 18.07 shuttle service from Oxted to Uckfield on Monday 1st Sep which was cancelled (I was getting off at Ashurst).

The next train was the 18.37 - but my claim was rejected. Is there anywhere I can look to check, as I sincerely doubt the 18.37 managed to get to Ashurst less than 30mins later than the 18.07 would have (I probably should have taken a photo of the screen on the platform at the time though!)

If you put the details into http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk it keeps the details of all delays for a while. Very useful for delay repay!

Shempz

Cheers both, found it on Raildar....got my dates wrong. It was Tues 2nd!

oversteer

I queried it with LM and they said to make sure I always state the times of train I *intended* to get on the form. I got my rtv a few days later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.