• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay Season Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Hi, I have searched the forum but to no avail.

How does delay repay work for 12 month season tickets? As i commute using Northern and Transpennine and not regularly but at least once a month i am 30 minutes late i am wondering how the process works?

Or do you even get compensation on season tickets... Have I misunderstood?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hi, I have searched the forum but to no avail.

How does delay repay work for 12 month season tickets? As i commute using Northern and Transpennine and not regularly but at least once a month i am 30 minutes late i am wondering how the process works?.

You have to put a separate claim in for each delayed single journey as and when it occurs. The compensation is then determined just like a walk up fare, but based on the relative proportion of the annual cost per single journey. The flip side is that there will eventually be no charter discounts or void days.

So if the delay is such that the walk up passenger gets compensation of 50% of his anytime single, you'll get 50% of whatever your proportional daily single cost is.

An allowance is made for leave days, the TOC should publish the divisor on their website. The newly formed TOCs may not have done that yet. However your current annual season may retain its existing entitlement to void days and charter discounts for the dates it has already been valid, IIRC it has been explained before that this is what has happened previously when delay repay has come in.

I found this table of rates in Southern's website because I knew where to look, they should appear for Northern and TPE in due course:

Season ticket type Value of each single journey
Annual 1/464 x total ticket price
Quarterly 1/120 x total ticket price
Monthly 1/40 x total ticket price
Weekly 1/10 total ticket price

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Page 9 of the TPE Passenger's Charter give the same factors as Southern.

I am unable to find Arriva Northern's Passenger's Charter.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Page 9 of the TPE Passenger's Charter give the same factors as Southern...

Thanks for adding TPE's details.

Hopefully there's now no logical reason why the factors should not be set by DfT nationally.

It isn't as though the number of days in the year varies across the country, but then we know some of the original figures were noticeably different.

Status
Not open for further replies.