• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay....TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHESHIRECAT

Maybe a genuine misunderstanding but submitted to TPE two separate tickets same journey as both of us travelled on 2together card...you can't submit two tickets on one claim
One was rejected as they said it was duplicate claim!
Different ticket numbers obviously but still !
Have appealed so hopefully the mistake will be rectified but as tickets clearly marked 2GETH surprised it got knocked back to start....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This isn't surprising, and is consistent with the way the company has treated other passengers recently.

Let us know what happens, and if necessary go to the Ombudsman: https://www.railombudsman.org/making-a-complaint/start-a-complaint/

Of course most claims are for low values and most people do not have the time to chase it, so will give up. I suspect TPE want people to just give up.

TPE aren't the only train company who routinely deny legitimate Delay Repay claims; others such as Govia Thameslink Railway are similarly poor.

CHESHIRECAT

I certainly will....had same issue last year.. 4 of us on a cancelled advance ticket train...finally sorted
It was interesting.... Submitted claim Friday evening and had reply Saturday evening...they've either outsourced (maybe abroad !) Or are working long hours to process claims....

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Glad to hear it

I see on twitter this is a very common problem with multiple train companies.

robbeech

Established Member
More and more TOCs (probably most) have an automated system that takes the data inputted and works out whether it thinks the claim is valid automatically. This saves lots of time and simple claims are generally paid out much faster than waiting for a human to look through it. However, anything that isn't simple (missed connections, overcrowded services meaning you couldn't board, train misses your stop, multiple passengers on one ticket* etc) don't register as a valid claim due to the poor way the system is set up. Rather than refer to a human to look they just reject it outright most of the time. Of course the benefit to the operator is quite simply that lots of people will give up there and then and they'll not have to pay out as much. An appeal generally gets looked at by a human being and they will more often than not see the mistake and deal with it accordingly. Good to hear this was sorted on this occasion.

* I'm fairly sure that these systems do NOT take ticket number into account, infact i don't know any that do. As such, 2 claims come in for the 1138 Leeds to Sheffield on the same date with the same e-mail address and it will reject one as a duplicate. Without wishing to offend people, the way these things are set up would barely scrape a pass at a GCSE IT project.

Status
Not open for further replies.