• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - voucher values

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Gman

Established Member
I've never claimed Delay Repay in the past for 3 good reasons:

1. Rarely delayed
2. Longer journeys are usually on Free Passes (!)
3. Shorter journeys are on PT & it seems churlish.

However, having suffered 2 recent delays - Virgin following trackside fire at Crewe and LM following ... ahem! WCRC ... I've sent off two forms.

Will I receive cheques or vouchers?

If vouchers do they come in denominations or will they be for the precise value?

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wronskian

I claimed recently on VTEC. I was offered the choice of cheque or voucher. If you go for voucher, you get a single voucher to the full value of your claim.

mbreckers

If you go for voucher, you get a single voucher to the full value of your claim.

Not necessarily, in my experience you get a bunch of vouchers for random amounts to make up the total Delay Repay you are entitled to.

causton

Established Member
You could get:

One large voucher
Two vouchers for around half the value
Two sheets of £10 vouchers (A lady gave me £240 of Caledonian Sleeper vouchers of £10 value each, all stapled together for the same claim!)
One voucher to the nearest £10, then one to the nearest £1 from there

Or any variation of the above. I have received and been given by customers all variations!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Or £99.99 ones as a certain forum member found out a few years back.

Or £25 in £1 denominations, once from LM going back a few years.

6Gman

Established Member
Well, the Virgin one's now arrived.

A cheque.

For 85p.

:D

(Should have been £1.70 but I'm not chasing that up! My hopes for a £20 RTV dashed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.