• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - What, if anything, am I entitled to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chew Chew

On Saturday I went from Portlethen to Dingwall using this combination of tickets:-

Portlethen to Aberdeen Off Peak Day Return at £4.70
Aberdeen to Inverness Single Advance at £16.20
Inverness to Aberdeen Single Advance at £11.70
Inverness to Dingwall Anytime Day Return at £9.90

All went well on the way there and was fine on the way back as far as Huntly where the train was delayed and eventually ended up getting into Aberdeen late, this caused me to miss my onward connection to Portlethen. Instead of arriving back in Portlethen at 1956 I didn't get there until 2237.

The Scotrail site to give at least 5 minutes between trains and I left 6 however the train into Aberdeen was 3 minutes late so I missed the connection. The Scotrail site also says that if the delay is over 2 hours I should get a refund of the return journey. Bearing in mind I was using 4 separate tickets (the Aberdeen to Inverness ticket I no longer have as the Inverness barriers took it) does that mean I should be looking for a refund of £42.50?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Since they weren't all return tickets I think the TOC would be within their rights to treat it as two single journeys*. As such you'd be entitled to 100% of the single (Inverness-Aberdeen) ticket price and 100% of the returns - so £26.30 by my reckoning.

*Yes Yorkie, I know you disagree.

[Edited as it appears I can't add!]

Last edited:

Chew Chew

Since they weren't all return tickets I think the TOC would be within their rights to treat it as two single journeys*. As such you'd be entitled to 100% of the single (Inverness-Aberdeen) ticket price and 100% of the returns - so £25.80 by my reckoning.

*Yes Yorkie, I know you disagree.

I know I'm going to have issues proving the Aberdeen to Inverness leg of the journey since I've no ticket to corroborate that. Of the other journeys I still have the Aberdeen to Portlethen ticket, the Dingwall to Inverness ticket and the Inverness to Aberdeen ticket.

The Aberdeen to Inverness tickets were bought from Trainsplit so I'll email Raileasy to see if they can send me an email to confirm the journey and see if Scotrail will accept it. If you don't ask you don't get and all that.

Chew Chew

Got a letter and RTV from Scotrail today for £16.40 for what they called my return journey from Portlethen to Inverness. :lol::lol:

Back to email we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.