• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay when prevented from touching ib

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_world2004

Established Member
Hello, whats the policy for collecting delay repay when you have been prevented from touching in.

I was at ealing Broadway for 0335 to catch the 0342. To hayes & Harlington today and I could not touch in because the stations was locked up. This is despite it being a night tube station. Now technically I couldnt pay the fare however was delayed by over an hour to reach my destination. How would I go about claiming delay repay?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
Hello, whats the policy for colelcting delay repay when you have been prevented from touching in.

I was at ealing Broadway for 0335 to catch the 0342. To hayes & Harlington today and I could not touch in because the stations was locked up. This is despite it being a night tube station. Now technically I couldnt pay the fare however was delayed by over an hour to reach my destination. How would I go claiming delay repay.
Did you ever pay anything?

matt_world2004

Established Member
What was the alternative transport and cost?
Bus but I had a bus pass, it was more a hypothetical question really. Not really bothered about the cost but the station shouldnt have been locked up when there was the possibility of people being stranded.

island

Veteran Member
If you didn’t pay anything, then I am at a complete loss as to why you feel any compensation is owed. Sadly that is what the world is coming to – not just in the railway – “can I get some compensation for that” for every little small error, driving up prices for everyone else.

Veteran Member
Delay repay is not relevant, but if services were booked to run and the platforms were inaccessible, there is an issue to be raised with LOL.

BTW according to RTT the (GW) train was cancelled, so you could ask GW about the alternative transport provided.....

JN114

Established Member
Bus but I had a bus pass, it was more a hypothetical question really. Not really bothered about the cost but the station shouldnt have been locked up when there was the possibility of people being stranded.

That needs to be taken up with MTR Crossrail / TfL; who have run the station since December. Given night tube was running seems very strange the station was completely closed...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Bus but I had a bus pass, it was more a hypothetical question really. ....
I think there would potentially be cause to ask for a refund of any fare paid for alternative transport, but as that fare is zero in this case, 100% of zero is still zero.

Did you ask them what the alternative would be? Twitter can be useful for that.

matt_world2004

Established Member
I think there would potentially be cause to ask for a refund of any fare paid for alternative transport, but as that fare is zero in this case, 100% of zero is still zero.

Did you ask them what the alternative would be? Twitter can be useful for that.
However the bus pass is a season ticket that I have paid for and that has added 90 minutes onto my journey. The fact is I can understand that trains are cancelled, due to staffing issues, but TfL rail should not have locked the station up during this period without customer information. Especially as nightube was still running.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That isn't delay repay though.

You should still complain but your question was regarding Delay Repay so that is what we answered.

It would be interesting to hear what the outcome of your complaint is.

Status
Not open for further replies.