• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay! - Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

william

Established Member
Having recently had to travel from Durham to Newcastle on a daily basis I decided to use the train as it is both quicker and cheaper than driving (usually).

I bought a seven day season ticket for £31.10 and had no problems until Sunday gone.

On Sunday I arrived at Newcastle station at around 7pm intending to travel back to Durham on the first available service. This would have been the 7.10pm TPE service to Manchester but it was showing as cancelled. The next service operated by Cross Country at around twenty past was also cancelled. It transpired that there was an OLE problem around Darlington resulting in these trains terminating there. I therefore boarded the next Virgin East Coast service calling at Durham which arrived on time at 7.30pm. This service came in from the north) However, there was a scheduled crew change at Newcastle and the crew were due to arrive on an earlier northbound Virgin service which had been delayed. Eventually, the crew arrived and we departed at around 7.47pm.

My first question is am I entitled to compensation under the delay repay scheme for a delay over 30 minutes on a seven day season in this scenario?

Secondly, which operator should I claim from?

Thirdly, how do I go about doing this if I'm entitled?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You are entitled to claim. You should claim from the first operator that caused a delay - TPE in this case. You can claim online here

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I concur with maniacmartin.

You were due to arrive into DHM at 1922, but you actually arrived at 2000, a delay of 38 minutes. You are therefore entitled to Delay Repay for a delay of 30-59 minutes from TPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.