• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay with 2 singles

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor79

Established Member
If it was cheaper to buy an anytime single and an off peak single than a return ticket, how should one claim delay repay?
Calculated on the price of the single for the delayed leg only, or for the full value of the return journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hazlehead

If it was cheaper to buy an anytime single and an off peak single than a return ticket, how should one claim delay repay?
Calculated on the price of the single for the delayed leg only, or for the full value of the return journey?
You can only claim on the affected part of the journey so depends which leg it was Outward or the Return

trebor79

Established Member
The return leg, which is the cheaper leg. Saved my employer 10 quid by booking it this way, but looks like I've diddled myself out of about 35 quids worth of delay repay. Harrumph!

FGW_DID

Established Member
The return leg, which is the cheaper leg. Saved my employer 10 quid by booking it this way, but looks like I've diddled myself out of about 35 quids worth of delay repay. Harrumph!

If your employer paid for your tickets then obviously you’ll be letting them have the delay repay payment and not keeping it for yourself!

trebor79

Established Member
Were you delayed by 120+ mins on one leg?
Not sure yet as the rail replacement bus was still sat at Ely 20 minutes after planned departure, so I bailed and got a late running EMR to Thetford and planned to taxi from there as my wife has a social event she'd like to go to this evening. But looks like I'll be freezing in the station car park waiting for the buss to catch up with me.
Doubt the delay will be over 2 hours though.

trebor79

Established Member
If your employer paid for your tickets then obviously you’ll be letting them have the delay repay payment and not keeping it for yourself!
That's between my employer and I. If I'm delayed on my way to business then yes, the compo goes to them via a deduction form my expense claim. If I'm delayed on my own time on my way home I keep it.
I'm scrupulous about things like that. I once complained to Ibis about a crap hotel stay, they gave me a 50% refund and I gave that to my employer.

Ianno87

Veteran Member

Depends on company policy. Delay Repay is compensation for the inconvenience of the delay (that happens to be proportional to the value of the ticket), not a refund of the cost of the ticket.

trebor79

Established Member
To update, the following Ely to Norwich ran to time, so a 1 hour delay if I had just waited at Ely rather than faff about with the bus.
The bus hadn't reached Attleborough by the time my taxi from Thetford dropped me off (recognise some of the cars in the car park and their owners on the bus).
I guess the honest thing to do is claim for 1 hour?

I can't work out why they provided a bus. Passengers would have been delayed less and GA would have saved on the cost of the bus and a tier of delay repay if they'd just told us to wait an hour at Ely.
Odd decision.
Some clearly frazzled station staff at Ely too, heard one being quite rude to passengers and then slagging them off to his colleague in the office, but within earshot of me and several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.