• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delays at Doncaster 06/06/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Again

My stepdaughter was on the 13:30 Edinburgh - Kings Cross yesterday.
She texted her mother to ask what to do because the train was terminating at Doncaster, I told her to tell her that there's nothing we can do about it, we're a couple of hundred miles away from her, listen to the announcements and if in doubt ASK somebody in uniform.
By the time she got to Doncaster, the line was open again and she was able to proceed, but did have to change trains. The train was full and before they reached Peterborough there was apparently a lady taken ill because of the overcrowding of the train, apparently it was like a commuter train, there were so many people on board. Another delay at Peterborough while the train was met by an ambulance to take the unfortunate passenger away.
She arrived at Kings Cross at 19:58, 2 minutes early to be able to claim full refund.

She then had a problem on the tube because of signalling problems at Brixton

I feel her pain.

All the trains that left Doncaster, north and south, were rammed. I'm suprised more people didn't suffer.

I eventually got home at 00.50. Should have been 19.30.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robertj21a

On Moderation
The train was held at Leicester. Kudos to EMT for that.

Perhaps we should repeat that. EMT seem rather good at doing the 'common sense' thing when others just go by the book, regardless. A good operation and, in my experience, generally well run.

Status
Not open for further replies.