• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delays oakham LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsmr

Lorry just hit and broke the Brooke crossing barriers as they were closing and drove off:o

NWR now on site and police directing traffic.Trains running but stopping at LC This affects the Leicester peterborough line
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
photo.JPG

Barrier back on and being tested as i post although radio reporting it will be closed for some days?
Hope they trace the driver

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
If that's the Brooke Road LC in Oakham, then it looks to be covered by CCTV (from what I can tell on Google maps). If so, it should be pretty straight foward to identify the number plate on the vehicle (if the camera's are at a good enough angle), or if the lorry does have markings on it, easy enough to identify the company, and have them ID the driver.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be in the drivers shoes right now, as that he will (if caught) probably be banned, either for a straight dangerous driving charge, or charges of driving without due car and attention, failing to stop after an accident and failing to report an accident, and possibly failing to comply with traffic signals.

Tomnick

Established Member
The only CCTV at Brooke Road is (as far as I'm aware) that provided for the Signalman to confirm that the crossing's clear - probably not at the best angle (or quality) to observe number plates, and such installations often aren't recorded anyway. Hopefully the driver will be traced by whatever means necessary though!

fsmr

The only CCTV at Brooke Road is (as far as I'm aware) that provided for the Signalman to confirm that the crossing's clear - probably not at the best angle (or quality) to observe number plates, and such installations often aren't recorded anyway. Hopefully the driver will be traced by whatever means necessary though!

Yeh was discussing that with the police and the NWR lads who being based in Oakham were on scene in minutes although I still got there first:D as mother in law had just walked across and turned round to see barrier on the floor

However there is a CCTV monitoring the approach as they are trying to work out how to solve all the congestion the crossings are causing now the extra freight is coming through. The bus driver who was directly behind the lorry said the barriers were only up for a few secons before the lights were back on so driver may not have seen it as he swung out the junction onto the crossing or may have chosen to ignore. There is also CCTV on mill street which he would most likely have gone down. Wont be hard to spot as it had a large FLT on the back

The most galling thing is that while i was back up the road talking to the mother in law, i missed a photo opportunity when a yellow 37 test train went through under caution heading towards manton jnctn:(

Last edited:

My train got stopped a couple of signals away and were told of this. by the time we got there it had been repaired so was unaware of this incident

fsmr

My train got stopped a couple of signals away and were told of this. by the time we got there it had been repaired so was unaware of this incident

Yep all open again now to road and rail, shows the benefit of having a NWR team based at Oakham
It would have been another hour if they were coming from Leicester

Under 2 1/2 hrs from barrier being hit and knocked off to crossing fully open

Status
Not open for further replies.