• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delays through Durham 22/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

A passenger has taken ill on 1Y35 1315 Newcastle to Kings X this services has now terminated at Durham and all services are having to use platform 2 which is causing delays in the area until 1Y35 is able to be moved

@Virgin_TrainsEC

#VTECUpdate Due to a passenger being taken ill on a train at #Durham train services through this station may be delayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gavin

1Y35 remains at Durham they are awating the arrival of an ambulance to treat the passanger approaching 2 hours since the service arrived at Durham

Some Transpennine serivces are starting/terminating at Darlington

tsr

Established Member
Lines are about to reopen. The injured passenger has now been assisted from the train. 1Y35 will be cancelled and the stock will run ECS to London.

gavin

Durham station now fully reopen delayes will continue to the next 30 minutes or so whilst services get moving

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
5Y35 departed Durham shortly after my 1F70 departed bang road +60 late. By that point there were 6 trains behind me and all other TPEs were turned back at Darlington with one turned back at Ferryhill. Initially they were running Bi-Di in waves of 3 north 3 south. 1F70 was the second train of the second southbound wave and subsequently the last to run bi-di when 5Y35 was released.

although an ambulance was needed it wasn't considered a high priority and some considerable time was taken before one appeared. Given how overstretched UHND/Dryburn hospital's A+E department is with the loss of A+Es at Bishop Auckland and Shotley Bridge hospitals, ambulances can't be released until a patient can be handed over, I am not surprised it took so long.

from what I understand from the staff at Durham a woman damaged her hip on board the train and couldn't be moved. It is believed to be age related and nothing linked to the railway. She was taken to UHND and is being treated there

Status
Not open for further replies.