• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delays through Peterborough 19/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Being reported that someone is threatening to jump off a bridge near Peterborough, so everything is delayed. And I mean everything.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alan1310

I am stuck at Leicester now 76 mins DOWN on the 17:22 BHM to SSD they are coupling the following service to us then onward bound as the driver has just informed us
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Left LEI at 19:49

High Dyke

Established Member
Report of a male on a bridge at Walton, with a rope around his neck, threatening to jump. It must be a day for it. Also had a male escape from the mental health unit near Sleaford and play chicken with EMT services. Luckily the first train having been cautioned managed to stop in time as the man stepped in front of it.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I am stuck at Leicester now 76 mins DOWN on the 17:22 BHM to SSD they are coupling the following service to us then onward bound as the driver has just informed us
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Left LEI at 19:49

I went past you about 1945 on the London-Nottingham. That explains what they were doing with two 170s!

AlexS

Established Member
Standard procedure when the job stops east of Leicester is to hold the Stansted trains there so they don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere. Last big disruption I had 3 x 3 car 170s in platform 2, 2 coupled together eventually and the 3rd followed right behind. Poor buggers in the leading unit were stuck at Ketton for something like 2 hours before returning to Leicester, the train after went via Nottingham which I don't believe they can anymore as XC has removed the route knowledge from it's crews.

Status
Not open for further replies.