• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deliberate fare dodging

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerswiller

Go to a point now where someone of authority needs alerting to these regular fare dodgers.
I have mentioned this in a previous post regarding these so called regular offenders. It appears that the genuine people that work are fined for mistakes are subsidising those who constantly get away with it.
I was on a Tram from Man Victoria to Bury when inspectors boarded (no too sure of the stop) when they began to ask passengers to show tickets. The first people asked were two youths stood near the doors who apparently had no tickets. These two were told to get off. I collared one of these inspectors and gave him a piece of my mind saying had that been me you'd have prosecuted me because I am an easy target? This inspector told me those two guys were known to them and are regular offenders!!!! I'm 62 and a regular traveller but, I always pay as I do not possess a free pass. As a law abiding citizen who pays his way, I want these bastards fined heavily or at least inform the Police so they can inflict the punishment they deserve. It seems like there is a two tier system where those who work or partly retired like myself subsidise those who refuse to pay.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.