• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delice De France, Leeds station

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
In addition the pavements on New Station Street are to be widened to improve pedestrian safety.

This is certainly long overdue - particularly when you're in a hurry for a train and people are dawdling along in front of you.

Personally, I can't see any reason to complain about the new outlets. There's plenty of space for queueing on that bridge. Shame none of them will do a cheap cuppa for when Maccy D's is full though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jonfun

Established Member
Just because it's wearing a Northern uniform, doesn't mean it's actually a properly trained Northern employee.

I apologise in advance for taking this thread off topic, but I can't let that go unchallenged.

If a member of rail staff came on here and started referring to a passenger as "it", there would quite rightly be uproar.

You might consider them "Poorly Trained Thugs" but when they're spending the day getting grief off everyone (yourself included, clearly) then what, are you expecting them to be super cheerful, giving out free hugs etc all day or something? Their job is to supervise the gateline.

And folk wonder why rail staff regularly get very fed up of contributing to this board at times?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I don't think that poster's use of "it" was intended as an insult, simply keeping things gender-neutral. It was a little bit jarring, though.

JaJaWa

Established Member
I don't think that poster's use of "it" was intended as an insult, simply keeping things gender-neutral. It was a little bit jarring, though.

"They're" could have been used both times if they were aiming for that.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
"They're" could have been used both times if they were aiming for that.

Quite. But I think it was clumsy rather than malicious.

Back on topic, the Delice de France outlets always seemed ludicrously overpriced even by railway standards. I'd have thought the bridge wouldn't be the best location, as it misses the affluent Airedale/Wharfedale/Harrogate line commuters!

CalderRail

I forgot the change "it" to "they" when I changed the sentence from "It's a Northern Uniform, but not a Northern Employee".

But yes, I regard the temp staff Northern hire from whichever security company it is as poorly trained thugs. The worst case was one that wouldn't accept West Yorkshire Metrocards as valid for travel.

The actual Northern frontline staff are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.