• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deltic pioneer, DRS 47's and some odd HST general action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demps

Just thought i would upload some recent'ish pictures from when i have had chance to pop out for some rail photography around york. But im way too tired to be bothered with a write up :(

HST heading out of the York.
londondrainsyorkrail008.jpg

Odd lineup
londondrainsyorkrail009.jpg

When the deltic turned up, my shot was slightely ruined with my batteries dieing in mid consecutive shooting lol, but this is one i did get just before, so i wasnt overly bothered.
londondrainsyorkrail011.jpg

The new Stobart/DRS charter Set, still looking sexy a week after it was first unveiled.
londondrainsyorkrail010.jpg

When we was out for the Bittern A4 kettle, i got a few shots of some other odd stuff...
londondrainsyorkrail013.jpg

South York
londondrainsyorkrail014.jpg

The shot which i had in mind for a long long time was of some Peds or a serco test train coming through on a level crossing, on a really moody day, and strangely I stumbled on exactly the type of shot i had invisaged! However, absolutely nothing came through, not even a box. Hopefully next time...
londondrainsyorkrail015.jpg

Similar location same day.
londondrainsyorkrail016.jpg

londondrainsyorkrail017.jpg

Finally, when the Bittern had returned from its voyage to newcastle, traction was changed to a 47, and 57 at the rear, whilst the bittern headed for the NRM. Me and a friend luckily spotted some 47 cab windows from the iron bridge, off chance, and headed down...

With the Bittern now gone, the hustle and bustle had defected to only me and a friend, quite nice infact!
londondrainsyorkrail018.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
The shot of the 91 looks perticularly good there...
and the dessie looks like it has grown fatter around the boxes, suppose thats just the light though...

Status
Not open for further replies.