• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Only had a quick look, but some decent phots there. Had to go on YouTube and see what they sounded like, they do sound pretty decent. Bet bashing them isn't so much fun mind with air-con stock.

*Adds Copenhagen to the LONG list of places I want to visit now*

Seriously tempted to get myself over there, if only it had been pay day on Friday and not still several days away! Any advice on the best way to get there?

Cheers for sharing your shots :)

Established Member
Thanks :) We have been meaning to go there for some time now; we missed the earlier MX and MY "Nohabs" , the MZs and the "real" coaches so thought it best to go before the MEs go as well. Don't know how long they have left and are not aware of any replacements though the remaining 6 EA electric locos are to be fitted with ZWS to work with the double deck stock which might reduce the amount of turns unless more stock is being ordered.

Easiest way to get there is to fly to Copenhagen (Easy Jet and BA both go there from London, not sure about regional airports), need not be too expensive if you book far enough in advance. However, do be warned that Denmark itself isn't cheap though, like other "expensive" places, it is possible to keep costs down.

Perhaps I had better not ask if Slovenia and Croatia are on your list if you like GM power :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Too many places on my list to be honest, and I've had to reign in my plans to do much of Europe this June. I might change my mind by Friday though, just depends how much money I have and whether cheap enough flights/accommodation can be sought!

If I had my way, I'd do a mega long tour of Europe and sample the best of everything I could, alas that's just impossible to manage in the time I've got off :(

Status
Not open for further replies.