• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass vehicles that are still in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week i took a ride from Spalding to Market Deeping on Shaws Coaches route 100 and was very surprised to see a Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass (S511 XCR) bus turn up.

This made me realise that i haven't seen one of these buses for years. For some reason almost all of them seem to be withdrawn. Even the newest ones (51 plates) all seem to be gone.

So i am wondering if this is the only Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass bus that is still in service? Does anyone know of any others that are still in service anywhere?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Are you sure about that? I thought it was only Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus vehicles that Abellio London had? I thought that all of the Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass vehicles were withdrawn from TFL contracted services years ago?

RJ

Established Member
Are you sure about that? I thought it was only Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus vehicles that Abellio London had? I thought that all of the Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass vehicles were withdrawn from TFL contracted services years ago?

Right you are! Back to the drawing board then.

alex397

Established Member
There seems to be very little Darts with any bodywork with an S-reg still running about. I'd be interested to know of any Compass bodied Darts still in operation though! Its my impression that the bodywork wasn't very good - many were withdrawn earlier than other Darts of the same age.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
There seems to be very little Darts with any bodywork with an S-reg still running about. I'd be interested to know of any Compass bodied Darts still in operation though! Its my impression that the bodywork wasn't very good - many were withdrawn earlier than other Darts of the same age.

Presumably, it needed a lot of modifications in order to remain legal when the DDA requirements took effect. I can't see many operators thinking that would be cost effective.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Bain's Coaches Of Oldmeldrum probably have one in their yard. sarcasm.... That company seem to buy any random life expired scrap they can find!

It appears that Stena Line still have T417 LGP in service at Fishguard Harbour on the free foot passenger shuttle service from the terminal to the ferry.

urpert

Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers
I remember the Southern Vectis examples having frequent problems with the roof dome indicator lights getting broken (I think they were eventually just plated over)

Observer

Last week i took a ride from Spalding to Market Deeping on Shaws Coaches route 100 and was very surprised to see a Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass (S511 XCR) bus turn up.

This made me realise that i haven't seen one of these buses for years. For some reason almost all of them seem to be withdrawn. Even the newest ones (51 plates) all seem to be gone.

So i am wondering if this is the only Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass bus that is still in service? Does anyone know of any others that are still in service anywhere?
Might interest you that S511 XCR is now on eBay.

Thanks for the update. That's a shame that it is now out of service. This is quite likely the final Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Compass in service on public bus routes in the UK. I am glad i got to travel on it before it was withdrawn. It will be interesting to see if they manage to sell it on ebay. It is quite old and doesn't even look DDA compliant so i am not sure if many bus operators would be interested in it. Perhaps it could be purchased for preservation though.

route101

Established Member
First Glasgowhad a few of these , withdrawn a few years ago but they were quite slow

Status
Not open for further replies.