• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dennis' Route - Info & Big Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
For those who haven't read the 'Trainspotters Required' thread, I'd just like to highlight the release of our very own 'Dennis''s freight line! :D It is a superb 30 minute run and can be obtained from his website - http://www.freewebs.com/dennislance

image17ih.jpg

image28ae.jpg

image34lp.jpg

image49ek.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

And its another stunning download performance by RailUK! :mrgreen:

Naaaaah, the route's great. :)

Dennis

Established Member
Cheers for the favourable reception...wasn't sure how well the route would go down after following what seemed to be sometimes quite painful gestations of other routes. I am still learning and am reasdy to accept constructive criticism.

Dennis

Established Member
Forgot to say thanks to all the train developers...I appreciate that routes and trains rely on each other but without excellent contributions such as the 37, 66, 158 etc the whole BVE scene would soon wither. Train builders, keep up the good work (any chance of a 1st generation DMU though?)

Harold

Just driven the route! WOW! that route gives the 37 a good run! I really enjoyed that route. Thanks Dennis! :D

Coxster

Established Member
No offence to yourself Dennis but I shall update the database with the TSC URL as Freewebs doesn't like your bandwidth usage ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Well done Dennis, and anyone else concerned. It is an excellent project!
BTW: I hpe there can be a few passenger scenarios one day! The 158 for example would be great on the route. :D

Jim

Established Member
Speaking on behalf of the man himself Coxster, please stick the link to TSC

Jim

Tom B

Established Member
Looks excellent. I shall download and run this one ASAP! :D.

Guinness

Established Member
Took it for sort of a spin, well 5 minutes to be precise! Looks excellent and I can't wait eventually finish the route once I've sorted out my Gfx card problem.:)

5fps with lowest detail and in Window Mode isn't my idea of fun. :(

Tom B

Established Member
Excellent! Just driven it - if this is your first attempt I look forward to later releases! A few minor niggles here and there but otherwise fine!

Angus

Looks very promising. You asked for some constructive criticisms so one I would point out is that I'm not keen on the track texture you used. This is subjective I know, but I much prefer the track texture used by routes such as Cross-City South, Maybank, etc. I don't like the ballast/trackbed textures either. However, there isn't much else to fault apart from that - you certainly have talent as a route builder and I look forward to seeing your future work.

Dennis

Established Member
No - I don't like the track textures either (in fact I hate it). Keep meaning to take some pics of track to use as a better texture but keep forgetting. One day soon...

Nick

Very pleasing route Dennis. Throughly enjoyed it, reminded me of a local route...shame theres no BVE4 Class 56 for this run, apart from the track textures a fun drive, look forward to your next route your working on :)

Guinness

Established Member
Fixed my Gfx Card problem. Get an average of 41fps on the route. :)

Excellent Route and I look foward to future developments over at Dennis HQ. :)

My only suggestion is to have an alternative traction route. e.g. With a 47, 56 or even a 66 in the future!

Good Luck! :)

Dennis

Established Member
Responding to various points raised...yes the track texture is awful - but I have yet to make one that looks better.

Regarding traction, the route is set in mid-late eighties, before TPWS. Drive a BVE 2 train and imagine the AWS is isolated.

I am currently working on a scenario using the 66 - a bit more of a challenging drive (although I do enjoy thrashing the 37 up the hills).

Passenger version also to follow.

41 FPS - wow, thats amazing.

The Snap

Established Member
It wont run for me! :cry: :cry: I try to run it, it loads, the 37 appears with the route, as normal, then about 30 seconds in, I get this error:

Dennis

Established Member
make sure you are using BVE 4.2 - I was horrified to find it didn't work on Jims PC after it had been released. He was using 4.1 and got a very similar error message. Works fine now that the laest version of BVE has been installed.

The Snap

Established Member
Right, I'll check that! Not sure what version this is...4 I think.

The Snap

Established Member
Nope, I've just installed BVE4.2, and I get the same error! :cry: :cry: :x :(

Guinness

Established Member
Check that you have the 37 Freight Version. If not, try the Freight Route with another Train e.g. 66 or LT1995. Then report back! :)

Dennis

Established Member
did you uninstall the previous version first? If yes then I'm stumped...over to the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.